The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street Build ITFLYS - 1Gina2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orlando at the shop helped me by turning on the car, so that I could remote in and tweak the PiLink computer. Now the Logs will upload using the shops WiFi just like it does when it's at home.

While in there I removed the safety net and turned the boost control off! This results in "Maximum Boost" (my normal) but I don't know what maximum will be now that the turbo has been rebuilt with a E3 ish - turbine housing.

John's just going to have to find out for me on his next test drive ;-)

Just a heads up miller imports has a black 2ga with door caps intact. Steve said $100 shipped for each, I had to pass because I have higher items on my list

Screenshot_20220919-184305.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish we’d stop supporting people who buy up good, quality, useable shells only to gut them out and crush them after they’ve been aggressively molested and picked clean.

Maybe tell him that he should send you those caps for free and I’ll consider us even for him selling me a junk engine that he advertised as “freshly rebuilt”. Lol.

Meanwhile, A TDO5H GVR4 Big16G to tear down, and Woah! Me think this turbo might’ve ate honey comb cereal!
420502B3-86F8-4EA0-98E3-FB70B94ABCFC.jpeg

Thats not gonna buff out.
0BFC4398-723F-4B79-89BC-793256768B12.jpeg

Odly, this compressor wheel is, dare I say .. ok?
D549BED7-C553-4631-AB35-0993D9904C58.jpeg

The turbine shaft and compressor wheel look salvageable.

6CE5CC61-64D9-493C-9E55-35FC8393961D.jpeg

Ordered some parts - to drop ship to John -

1. POM - Rear sub frame bushings
2. POM - Rear differential bushings
3. POM - Front sub frame bushings
4. POM - Front cross member bushings

Since the steering rack is coming down with the front sub frame:
5. PowerSteering - lower pressure hose MB911578 (e-bay)
6. PowerSteering - center return hose MB910639 (amayama)

And just because everything else is new - if I can locate one of these from Japan:
7. PowerSteering - Cooler tube MR333592 (amayama)

And because I have a hard time waiting for others, I needed my own project while John is busy.
8. TDO5H rebuild kit (Amazon)
9. TD05H "47" stamped EVO3 Big 16G compressor cover (e-bay)

Parts on the way

Last edited:
Regards amayama - OMG - the cooling tubes are available, but the shipping from Japan to US was $292.91 and that was after they reduced it! Yeah I'll just get mine refinished.

Last edited:
Box arrived from spyderdrifter - drum roll please!
View attachment 674741 View attachment 674743
View attachment 674742 View attachment 674746 View attachment 674747 View attachment 674744
This is the best set I’ve seen so far in a long time! A couple clip holders will need repair. Very workable. 👏🏻

Also - a not cracked stock coolant reservoir bottle with sensor! This should clean up nicely.

View attachment 674745

Woot!

Also, can you get pictures of the coolant overflow? Specifically the bottom? That’s so crazy yours has a sensor and mine doesn’t. Gotta be because my engine is a 2GB. Idk. I’ve gotta deep dive one day and see.

Woot!

Also, can you get pictures of the coolant overflow? Specifically the bottom? That’s so crazy yours has a sensor and mine doesn’t. Gotta be because my engine is a 2GB. Idk. I’ve gotta deep dive one day and see.
9B31CBBE-F5BC-4AEC-8A47-BF40A9CFA700.jpeg B297C1A4-02A3-4A6A-AB06-8ABBE41ADC22.jpeg
Its got to be a early 95 chassis feature.

I wonder if you could reinforce those door moldings somehow. Like a fiberglass repair kit across the whole back of it :hmm:
I will consult with the body shop before I start, but yes - it would be silly not to add some strength to this china cup of a body part.

Woot!

View attachment 674785 View attachment 674787
Its got to be a early 95 chassis feature.
It is. Note the production dates "FROM" and "UP TO". No reason for a separate tank assembly part number all together except for the level sensor used.

1664494398681.png

1664494552093.png

It is. Note the production dates "FROM" and "UP TO". No reason for a separate tank assembly part number all together except for the level sensor used.

View attachment 674809

View attachment 674810

What’s interesting is mine falls into the early 95 category for only that overflow container. So I should have one. But I don’t. My build date is 05/95.

Intriguing. It’s got a split thrust 2gb block, 2gb cas and etc on it so I wonder if it was 2GB swapped or if it’s just a hybrid freak. Lol. I’ll have to take a picture of the wiring harness and post it in my build thread and see if anyone can ID it.

Lets see the list:

Phase 3 (Suspension and Sub-frame)
Refurbish and update suspension and handling - in progress
The man with the plan @ https://muellerized.com/
Deliver car to John Mueller - delivered
Dudes Sub-frame bushings - ordered
PowerSteering - lower pressure hose MB911578 - delivered
Fender liner clips and M6 bolts - delivered

Leftovers from earlier phases:
Locate 2” thick 2Ga Eclipse door caps - Located - thanks to spyderdrifter!
Strengthen and repair 2Ga door caps
Paint and install 2Ga door caps
Protective film install
Badging and decal install
Grey plastic interior door switch trim - Looking!
Finish PS Pump update - re-install and test
Refinish power steering cooler tube MR333592
Stabilize cold idle control - FIAV adjustment
Cyl-1 exhaust valve guide oil leak (I still see puff of smoke on start)
Kiggly crank and 2Gb cam sensor conversion - poor sensors? or wrong setup?
Replace cracked coolant overflow bottle - acquired

20G Bastard:
TDO5H rebuild kit (Amazon) - acquired
TD05H 20G compressor cover machining
TD05H 20G billet compressor wheel
TD05H Turbine shaft 12 blade - clipped
Balance rotating assembly
Install E3 O2 housing
Down pipe modifications for E3 02 housing

Last edited:
20G Bastard:
TDO5H rebuild kit (Amazon) - acquired
TD05H 20G compressor cover machining
TD05H 20G billet compressor wheel
TD05H Turbine shaft 12 blade - clipped
Balance rotating assembly
Install E3 O2 housing
Down pipe modifications for E3 02 housing

Once it’s done and on, gotta update us with spool numbers and lb/min. I’m very curious. I’ve always heard there can be some surge issues with a 20G wheel into a 16G style cover but zero first hand experience with that.

Once it’s done and on, gotta update us with spool numbers and lb/min. I’m very curious. I’ve always heard there can be some surge issues with a 20G wheel into a 16G style cover but zero first hand experience with that.
Clipping the turbine wheel will hopefully help with surge issues.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back