The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build ITFLYS - 1Gina2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That is the question - Why didn't the Kiggly Crank sensor and 2Gb CAS combo work?

I need to do a bit of problem solving to identify which of these two are causing the issue. I expect the issue is BTKAC (between the keybord and chair)
Here we have some scope recordings:
1G CAS crank signal connected to the ECU

Kiggly Crank sensor adaptor with cheap sensor, not connected to the ECU. The sensor is just making noise.

Kiggly suggested that the ECU has a pull-up circuit, so next time I see the car i’ll try cranking while connected to the ECU. I ordered new $80 OEM sensors anyway, just because

Last edited:
John offered me an opportunity to pickup my car and take it to LA! Sometimes the planets align, and things like this happen.

DCA5F69F-55B8-4776-A4A8-EB08AE491075.jpeg

B64F8811-C3E8-4940-9910-403965832775.jpeg

and a day later - he fit my project into his shop with many many things in progress.

7939E2C0-2B8B-4709-B385-3E1B13E4ABB4.jpeg

Last edited:
Are there other Hot wheel sized 2G toys?
View attachment 670385

There were some rarer hot wheels sized 2Gs that came with “mods” like different bumpers and stuff, but the base model in the package was just a stock 2gb. They’re super rare though. Can’t remember what they’re called.

This is a cold start on Speed Density. RPM's drop when the coolent temp comes up, but I want it to stay closer to 1000 rpm when cold - so I think I will need to pop out the freeze plug on the FIAV and turn it down!

Click click click click click click - says the EGR solonoid, and injectors.

So, I've been doing this a while now I guess - It occurred to me that there is a whole contingency out there who weren't into DSM's until after Fast and Furious. Damn I'm old.
Probably a whole generation who don’t even know who Brent Rau and John Shepard are.

The movie did help with the aftermarket support and vendors. It would of been in my top three of the 2g was accurately a ten sec car(awd,not six speed😅 andon balloon slicks)

So, I've been doing this a while now I guess - It occurred to me that there is a whole contingency out there who weren't into DSM's until after Fast and Furious. Damn I'm old.
Not to hit you where it hurts but I wasnt even old enough to drive, going into middle school when that movie came out. I’m 33 now.

Not to hit you where it hurts but I wasnt even old enough to drive, going into middle school when that movie came out. I’m 33 now.

I don’t care what anyone says we(you and I) aren’t millennials. We’re like the Vietnam vets of the generations. Previous gens don’t understand us and newer gens don’t have respect for us.

:p

I will openly admit that movie did spark the interest and make me learn of these cars before I could drive, I can remember stumbling upon RRE’s site and reading of your car before I was old enough to have a license. The Fast and the Furious didn’t start it for me, but definitely made me look into it, growing up 25 minutes from Buschur and having a massive DSM scene here in Northern Ohio did me in.

I will openly admit that movie did spark the interest and make me learn of these cars before I could drive, I can remember stumbling upon RRE’s site and reading of your car before I was old enough to have a license. The Fast and the Furious didn’t start it for me, but definitely made me look into it, growing up 25 minutes from Buschur and having a massive DSM scene here in Northern Ohio did me in.
In my time - we would mainline clips from WRC - on speed vision or any network we could find that had Subaru and Mitsubishi rally drivers in rare form. This was before "Drift" for the sake of drift racing on asphalt was a thing.

Evo's were not available in the US yet - but 1G DSM's were and when it was time to buy a car for my post college time in New York - I didn't know I was going to end up with a 2G. My only requirement was "Car" and AWD, having just totaled a real time AWD Honda Civic Wagon. (solo accident involving launching the car into the air off a badly engineered railroad crossing - long story) When asking at the dealership what they had - they showed me the latest DSM to hit the showroom. I leased it (cause I was young with no credit history) - then bought out the lease 2 years later. Probably the most expensive way to buy one of these cars at the time.

Last edited:
I just remember loving these cars well before the movie came out and then hating all the posers who thought they were race car drivers after it did. I still remember seeing a 1992 Eagle Talon Tsi new at the dealership when I was a kid and my mother was buying a new Eagle Vision at the time and saying "I want that one." Didn't know what I was looking at at the time obviously. Hmm, coincidence I wound up with one?

I just remember loving these cars well before the movie came out and then hating all the posers who thought they were race car drivers after it did. I still remember seeing a 1992 Eagle Talon Tsi new at the dealership when I was a kid and my mother was buying a new Eagle Vision at the time and saying "I want that one." Didn't know what I was looking at at the time obviously. Hmm, coincidence I wound up with one?
One thing to keep in mind though, that movie created some atrocities but also brought in a ton of new enthusiasts. Some might not agree with me but in the early 2000s and all through the decade shops like Buschur and RRE got A LOT of business they would have never seen otherwise had that movie never came along. If you ask me it did more good overall than harm.

One thing to keep in mind though, that movie created some atrocities but also brought in a ton of new enthusiasts. Some might not agree with me but in the early 2000s and all through the decade shops like Buschur and RRE got A LOT of business they would have never seen otherwise had that movie never came along. If you ask me it did more good overall than harm.
Facts. I'm probably still just butt hurt that I didn't get to enjoy the ride when being part of the OG's gen. Working to change that now.

Facts. I'm probably still just butt hurt that I didn't get to enjoy the ride when being part of the OG's gen. Working to change that now.
The ride never ended, but it did get put on hold for a while. Career - Wife - House - Child. 15 years later and finally there is time and space for the car again.

Word
I remember seeing shepherd beat on so many domestics and win 🏆 countless trophies at taco and raceway park

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back