The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Installing Innovate LC-2 in rear O2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91dsm

Proven Member
Sep 12, 2014
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Im going to be installing my wideband in the rear O2 sensor location. I have no intentions of using the factory rear O2 again so Im wondering what's the best way to route the wideband through the floor ? Should I remove the factory wire and dremel the hole big enough to push it through or should I cut the wires before the connector for the sensor and solder them back after running the sensor through the floor ? Also I want to connect the lc2 controller output to the ecu's rear o2 signal. Could I just connect it to the white wire that originally ran to the O2 ? Im guessing that's the same as using pin 75 at the ecu.

Attachments

• 20200624_142017.jpg
    20200624_142017.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 20200624_142023.jpg
    20200624_142023.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 125
I slit the factory grommet and pushed the O2 sensor through it and it went right through the hole in the floor, no drilling required and you get to keep the factory grommet.

I slit the factory grommet and pushed the O2 sensor through it and it went right through the hole in the floor, no drilling required and you get to keep the factory grommet.

Thanks and as for the wideband output. Can I just solder from the controller to that white wire in the picture. Is that the same as using pin 75 at the ecu ?

You could do that, but you need to run the narrow-band simulation on it unless you have a flash based ecu or Link or something like that to be able to use the 0-5v output from it.

You could do that, but you need to run the narrow-band simulation on it unless you have a flash based ecu or Link or something like that to be able to use the 0-5v output from it.

I understand the wiring except for the gauge. I connect both the db gauge AND the Ecu input to the yellow wire on the lc-2 controller ? I am leaving brown wire go because I am leaving the front factory o2 in place and I have link.

I got a related question; is the 3 ft (5 ft total length) sensor cable length enough for our application?
This is the LC-2 kit with part number 3884. I will be installing it on the rear O2 and run the cable under the car.

Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back