The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Idle air control code VS wastegate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xsvpaintball

Probationary Member
Apr 11, 2021
Richmond, Virginia
Hey everyone!
So I have 2 codes reading. It I think they might be related. I have the idle air control code and the wastegate actuator circuit code. Not sure if one is caused by the other. Here are my symptoms:

1.bad surging
2.High idle
3.When letting of the gas on the high the car kinda shutters and my air/fuel ratio bounces to rich
4. Bad fuel economy

I did just redo the intercooler piping and a new recirculating valve. Everything seems clamped good and hoses all look connected. I did have the idle air control valve replaced back in august.

Any input would be amazing! Thanks!!

Do you still have the ISC/IAC and BCS (wastegate solenoid) installed?
Can you measure the resistance of the coils in each. The ISC/IAC has four coils and BCS has one.
Why did you replace the ISC/IAC back in August? Where it's coils shorted. What did you replace it with?

The common point that I know of for these faults are shorting out the drivers in the ECU. That can be caused by a bad solenoid, by water in the connectors if they are hanging loose, or by pinching the wiring harness.

Would you please fill out a profile so it's obvious to everyone what car you're talking about when they read your questions. I'm assuming these are for your 99 GST Spyder.

Last edited:
Yes, I have the solenoid installed. It may just be old. I replaced the Idle Air Control Valve because of the surging thinking that may fix it. I’m thinking I could just replaced the solenoid and be good. And yes this is the GS-T

I just unplug it and start the car again to see if it stops surging. Or get a basic code reader to see what the tps volts are.
I have a reader so I’ll start there. What should it be at volts wise?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back