The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Hx52 set-up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice! Gives me hope for my build:) What is that spacer you're using between the turbine housing and the exhaust mani. Also what method did you use to get the bolt holes on the turbine housing and the exhaust mani to match up? And are you planning on taking it to the dyno anytime soon?

The spacer is just a divided t4 flange. I used some carbide bits that I bought off the snap-on guy to widen the holes. That cost me 125 bucks. I did two holes on the manifold and two on the turbine housing. I am not to sure about the dyno as I noticed the clutch is starting to slip and I think im runninf out of fuel. Now for the bummer. Yesterday morning my wife drove my truck through the garage door into my car and pushed the car through the back of the garage. So now a week away from the shootout and im not sure ill be able to make w/ the car. I worked hard all year to get this thing together for this one event and now this!!

The spacer is just a divided t4 flange. I used some carbide bits that I bought off the snap-on guy to widen the holes. That cost me 125 bucks. I did two holes on the manifold and two on the turbine housing. I am not to sure about the dyno as I noticed the clutch is starting to slip and I think im runninf out of fuel. Now for the bummer. Yesterday morning my wife drove my truck through the garage door into my car and pushed the car through the back of the garage. So now a week away from the shootout and im not sure ill be able to make w/ the car. I worked hard all year to get this thing together for this one event and now this!!

SAY WHAT :cry:

I was in the HX-52 business but since I move back to California I drop it. I had a couple complications with the head lifting, etc...

However I have a thermal coated JH Racing 100% twin-scroll manifold and dump tubes along with the HX-52 if you are interested and a heat wrapped 4" side exhaust all setup for it. Twin-scroll makes a world of difference in spool time and widens the boost range!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing the same boost-to-rpm range as bwhite.

Twin-scroll setup works wonders for a big turbo low boost-to-rpm range and mad power! Albeit I was having problems getting over 27 psi because the head was lifting and the coolant was surging out from the overflow can.

Yesterday morning my wife drove my truck through the garage door into my car and pushed the car through the back of the garage. So now a week away from the shootout and im not sure ill be able to make w/ the car. I worked hard all year to get this thing together for this one event and now this!!

Don't be pissed at her, it just a car and I am hoping it was an accident.

It was an accident, and I am pissed but im not taking it out on her. I know thats the wrong thing to do. Plus im hoping that Ill make out in this with some of the garage repair money if I can repair it cheap enough.

this is a hx 52 thread

Now for the bummer. Yesterday morning my wife drove my truck through the garage door into my car and pushed the car through the back of the garage. So now a week away from the shootout and im not sure ill be able to make w/ the car. I worked hard all year to get this thing together for this one event and now this!!

Does that help explain anything? :|

I have some short logs of 40+ psi pulls Ill post tonight. Thanks Everyone. I think im going to patch a few things up and run it with no tail light on the left side.

Well I guess, It does suck what happened to Bwhite but if everyone sent condolences to bwhite threw this thread it would be a mess ( PM's ). I'm sure he's very busy with repairs. I do hope he gets back on track his contributions are a credit to this thread and form. Does anyone know what kind of PPM people are getting at 27ish psi with HX52?

Heres one

Attachments

• hiboost52p1.elg
    8.4 KB · Views: 199
I cant get the file to open. What program do you guys use to view those??

Ha ok....thats why im unable to view it. V3 is on its way though ;)

Subscribed...

I have plans of upgrading to an HX52 from my GT35R over the fall/winter. I was just wondering if you had any track or dyno dates set up yet? I am very interested to see what kind of #'s you put down. I am extremely impressed with your spool time. I am interested to see how this setup works with my custom forward facing manifold.

Keep us up to date.

I am currently looking for this manifold to run on my car. Does anyone know if this company is still in business, this was the cheapest t4 flang manifold I could find besides the dnp and would like to save money on my build where I can.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back