The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Hx52 set-up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Its a minimal amount that I need to clear the hood. I have and will cut the hood brace out. Thanks on the link for the cooling mat. Im going to wrap the manifold also. I need to get the feed/drain and make a downpipe and were good to go.

Do you wanna take the chance of being wrong... Again?:thumb: Also we don't all have the same HX52 but that is a whole different story that I'll be discussing in my build thread down the road. :thumb::D

Yes i want to take the chance of being wrong :p prove it!

Here are the flange dimensions off of honeywell site

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbo...2_pdfs/Garrett_GT4202R_774595_5_6_7_8_new.pdf

108mm x 2 = 216mm or 8.5 inches, i measured my hx52 and it comes at 9". As far as i know there are only 2 versions of the 52.

The 50, 52 and 55 all are the same turbo in different housings. Just so everyone knows, the HX52 Pro is not a off the shelf factory turbo.

As far as out car, we are coming with a fresh motor. Had some serious damage to the head we were unaware of. More weight in the car. All v-band intercooler piping. A better crank case venting system(there was nothing before). Odds and ends, but those are the key things being worked on. Oh, and lexan all the way around. Easier than trying to be compliant with the new rules. They want film(tint) on both the inside and outside of ALL windows now. Even the windshield.

Ill have to bring my mic home tomorrow and see if I can get the housing off as its all on the car now. I believe the v-band is aiming right inside the front motor mount, its like its home LOL. It couldnt fit anymore perfactly.

I cant wait to see what you will do with that little monster :) . . . Knowing the wheel specs would really help us get a feel for the potential of this particular Holset frame size.

Theres no way I can get to that v-band, and im not pulling this thing again. I guess your just going to have to settle with the end results. P.s. It the same part number as slippi84s.

Matt if you search for my name and hx52 I posted the size of both turbine and compressor wheels. 67mm/97mm for the compressor. I don't recall right off hand, but the turbing was the same size as a GT4508 I think.

Big lady can you post some pics of your drain? I bolted up my flange up and now the fitting wont thread because its hitting the center section on the compressor side? I have -12 an push lock.

Matt if you search for my name and hx52 I posted the size of both turbine and compressor wheels. 67mm/97mm for the compressor. I don't recall right off hand, but the turbing was the same size as a GT4508 I think.

Thanks, that really helps. . . And knowign the part number does too :) . I hope you get her running all she has bwhite. I know it will be a fun challenge.

Ill tell you this project is really challenging me. Just about everything ive used has had to be slightly modified to work. At first I figured no problem, how much harder could it be then the 35? What was I thinking...LOL. But it should hopefully pay off in the end.

I run a -10 return. I am not sure mine can be related to yours. I use a T3/-10 return from extremepsi and a weld on -10 on the pan. I had a -10 bolt on from extremepsi as well, but swtiched over this winter. I have no clearence issues in either configuration.

I wrapped my motor last week with seran wrap, and do not plan on pulling it off until I am ready to drop the motor in my new truck. Sorry I cannot give you the part number for a while. I do have the 16cm hotside though. All v-band turbo and a slip-on hose type outlet on the compressor.

I'll be running a -10AN on mine as well although I should be running a -12 as recommended. I have an Aluminum race pan that has already been modded for the -10an.. If I get froggy enough to fix it I will definitely be jumping to -12an.

My turbo being so far forward is a big enough issue for me as far as drainage goes, I don't wanna push my luck...

HX52 turbine wheel-
86mm inducer
70mm exducer

I put it a few posts back.

Compressor-
67mm inducer /97mm exducer

Turbine-.
86mm inducer /70mm exducer

I am looking to take this thing over 500whp on my new truck through an automatic transmission with the 4G61. That may be asking for a lot with a TH400 transmission, but I am hoping to push my own HX52 to higher levels with my hotpipe 10 injector fuel setup. I hit 520whp on this thing in my colt on a dynojet. That was corrected though. Uncorrected mountain(6000ft) horsepower was 420whp. So the 520 was in vein, but the car was a rocket.

We are looking to take out the Raver Motorsports Galant this fall and shoot for 225mph at the salt. And I can assure you, just because people have fast cars, it does not always translate to fast standing mile times. We saw plenty of mitsubishis have major issues and not even complete a full pass at Texas. I mean the AMS EVO only made it what three runs before they blew the motor to smitherines and caught fire. To give you an idea, stock Porsche GT's only run in the 170's in the mile. And we ran over 180mph in a 4100lb FWD dsm.

But this turbo is awesome and I am glad I was turned on to it by a good friend. It was only after I picked it up and tested it did we find out how awesome it is. I do not think the HX52 Pro is anything off the shelf. I believe it is someone's creation and all the did was a little machining and slap a 71mm compressor on it. The turbine does not change from what I have read. But that would be a sick turbo as well. And this thing is so reliable, that unless you are a bone head, it will run forever and kick ass.

Finally got my set-up complete. Seems to pull good at 22 psi, but not for long. Got to up the boost, LOL. Spools about the same as my hx35 with the open manifold in the stock 12cm housing. Cutting a quick pull log in a minute.

LOL not at 22 psi. I took the wastegate hose off for kill mode testing tonight. I got all of 15 feet testing anti-lag in the drive way and blew the coupler off the maf, along with the maf screen. Now I have to re tune the maf because its sick rich without the screen in. Btw heres a short pull.

Attachments

• log.2011.07.24-01.elg
    8 KB · Views: 136
I glued it this time that held all of last year. I didnt glue it on my new intercooler piping I did this winter. So we will see.

Any new updates? Im pretty interested in how this setup is working for you. I already have the mani and the hx52 is on her way:)

I am fighting a slight high rpm misfire. Running pretty good other wise. Lets just say that if its not straped on or bolted up. Its blowing off. Weather has been crappy, rain, rain, rain. Wtf. Ill get a log soon. I want to wire my wideband to the computer before I get back out so will see. BTW, I pulled wastegate vac off because 22 psi is not enough LOL. It spiked to 40 psi. Seems really quick.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back