The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

How to program a Keyless Remote [Merged 5-7] fob reprogram programming alarm buttons

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Be sure you have the transmitter for the fob to pick up the signal. The previous owner of my car got a little replacement happy and just took it out for no reason. If you can get a fob for cheap use the instructions on this post and that should be how you do it. When I went to get mine programmed thats exactly what the guy did.

I just got a new keyless entry remote which is the 3 button newer style.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Now, I have read through all the threads on here regarding reprogramming a new remote. I even read through the massive merged thread on this topic (http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/app...-how-program-keyless-remote-merged-5-7-a.html). I went through the steps everyone referred to in that thread - ground pins 1 and 4, turn key to ACC, etc. But this did not work in my car. I have a 1995 but I do not have a keyless box behind the rear panel near the speaker. I have a box next to my ECU behind the side console panel. It looks like this:

75649d1187297443-resolved-accessory-harness-box-img_3652-small-.jpg

75650d1187297443-resolved-accessory-harness-box-img_3648-small-.jpg

My brother had started a thread (http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/267801-resolved-accessory-harness-box.html) over the summer regarding this box because we had never read about it or seen one and had no idea what it was for. RedTurboEclipse had stated that it was for keyless entry. I was wondering if anyone else had one of these and if so, how would I go about reprogramming a new remote?

I have that box, and I just followed the instructions. Ground pin 1, then cycle the key on. The door should lock then unlock. Then press AND HOLD the arm button 3 times, and you are done.

It took me a long time to get it to work, though, because my eBay remote takes a second to work. You have to hold the button down for a second, then release, then hold again, release, hold.

But when I did it and turned my key, my doors didn't lock/unlock. So I couldn't even get to pushing buttons on the remote.

Did you use the little button on the box for anything? RedTurboEclipse says that's the same as grounding the pins. Do you happen to know more about this box and/or the button?

Yes, someone mentioned in instructions about that box, is that button is triggering the appropriate pins for programming. You will have to find the post, but that is what the author mentioned. I personally can't confirm because I don't have that module. I ground the pins right on the OBDII plug.

I havn't used my dsm with the stock alarm for a while, but I dont think the doors lock or unlock when you turn the key to off or on?

bpestilence, would be your best resource as he seems to have the same box and got it working. If it is not working for you, might be a posibility something else is wrong.

But when I did it and turned my key, my doors didn't lock/unlock. So I couldn't even get to pushing buttons on the remote.

Did you use the little button on the box for anything? RedTurboEclipse says that's the same as grounding the pins. Do you happen to know more about this box and/or the button?

Got same problem.. bought ebay remote.. and then followed instructions..used jumper wire and ground Pin 1 to 4 in OBDII ..and when turned key to ON.. nothing happend.. locks didn´t move..
my remote don´t have Panic button...
Got keyless remote control near rear speaker as usually..
Found my 3rd door switch not working plus my hood switch is outta car... Could be the problem??

Venca

I have a 95 as well, the Keyfob I used to get it to work was from a 98 GS-T if you want to get into specifics. It has the 3 buttons with the panic. The usual stuff, I did the grounding on the OBD-II as I mentioned on my earlier post, and have the keyless box next to rear speaker on driver side.

The hood open sensor is not connected either, nor do I even have it to begin with, but have the plug for it if I ever get one.

Check your keyfobs. Find someone with the new style keyfob and see if those works, if it does, theres your problem.

I've been trying to get this remote to work still with no luck. I did find out that if I turn the key to the ON position and push and hold the button that's on my box (post #123, second picture) and wait 5-7 seconds, my doors will lock/unlock 3 times. Then, if I continue to hold the button, about 3 seconds after that they'll lock/unlock once. After that, they'll lock/unlock after 0-5 seconds (it varied).

Does anyone have any idea if this could help program the remote? I tried the grounding wire, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Two (2) alarm types:

Factory installed (remote FCC ID # GQ43VT6T)
Dealer installed (remote FCC ID # GOH-M24)

The factory receiver box is by the RL speaker, the dealer receiver box is under the dash.

Each has different programming instructions as they are different units. Make sure you find out which one you have before you buy a remote from eGay, or you might end up with the wrong one like I did.

-Mike

I have a 95 as well, the Keyfob I used to get it to work was from a 98 GS-T if you want to get into specifics. It has the 3 buttons with the panic. The usual stuff, I did the grounding on the OBD-II as I mentioned on my earlier post, and have the keyless box next to rear speaker on driver side.

The hood open sensor is not connected either, nor do I even have it to begin with, but have the plug for it if I ever get one.

Check your keyfobs. Find someone with the new style keyfob and see if those works, if it does, theres your problem.

hey,
Didn´t notice anyone answered.. sorry for delay..
Well.. the main problem is when turn key to ACC position.. my door locks don´t move..??... thats the problem..
What ya think??
Found on sale is some kind..universal cheapo keyless remote system.. Maybe will go with it
Thanks
Venca

I went out looking for the receiver this week. I headed over to my friends junk yard and dug through 5 2g eclipses of various trim levels. None of them had what I wanted. Then right before I was about to leave I spotted an Avenger sitting off to the side. Stuck my head in the window, yanked the panel out...TADA! Brought the box home for the magic price of $0! It plugged right into the factory plugs in the drivers side rear panel. Just wanted to remind some of you that if you go hunting for the box...avenger's are another option.

Happy hunting!

i wish the box i got from the yard would work, but did't, maybe ill post there once i find it again LOL

I have a 98 Eclipse GS with the factory installed alarm. Like others, I didn't receive a remote when I bought the car. I bought a new one (factory) on Ebay. I went through all kinds of BS with programming. I could get the car to enter programming mode but when finished with all the steps, the only thing that would work was the panic button. I knew I was doing this right after the 100th time or so. I researched and read everything I could get my hands on as I meant I was not contributing to the saleman's monthly bonus check at the dealer. I FINALLY figured out that there are 2 part numbers for the ignition switch in my car. One for cars WITH keyless entry and one for cars WITHOUT. I had changed my ignition switch (bought on Ebay) right after I bought the car, not knowing there was a difference. So I had to change the ignition again and whallla, didn't even have to program the remote again as it was programmed all along during the 100 times of practice. Now for the problem. I need someone to tell me how to make it change modes as mine does NOT make any noise at all. How do I get the horn to beep? I included all of this information for hopes it might help someone else down the road. Thanks so much:)

Cyndi

The horns do not beep and the headlights do not flash on our cars when they are locked/unlocked. The only indication is the interior lights flashing.

Hey guys, I read through the thread however I must have missed something.
How do I find out if I have the Keyless entry?

I have a 95 GSX OBDII so Im hoping I do.

But I was just wondering.

Thanks guy!

The keyless entry will light up the green "SECURITY" light on your dash for ten seconds or so after you've removed your keys and locked the car with the power lock button. You will hear a click as the light comes on, this is the relay that cuts power to the ignition. You do not need to have a keyless entry remote to perform this simple test.

An easy visual test is to check for the hood switch. Open the hood and just above/behind the driver side headlight there is a switch under a rubber boot. It is pressed when the hood is closed, and will activate the alarm if it is armed. Pressing on the boot you sould see a half inch of travel up and down. Don't confuse the height bumper which is nearby. The bumper is merely used to absorb vibration and can be adjusted up and down (by turning) for aligning the hood, fenders, and headlights. The hood switch will have a plug and wires leading from it.

If you find a hood switch but no SECURITY light comes on, you may have one or more faulty switches.

:beatentodeath:

Or, someone's disabled it because it kept tripping itself at 3AM.

Mine was doing that so I unplugged my hood switch. Hasn't gone off on its own since then, so the switch is on my list of oem parts to replace...

The nice thing is that you can unplug a switch and the alarm will ignore it. Great for troubleshooting!

lost my keyless clicker for my 95 talon tsi...will a 96 talon remote work? i see it has a panic button on it and my old one did not. And if so where would be the cheapest one?

lost my keyless clicker for my 95 talon tsi...will a 96 talon remote work? i see it has a panic button on it and my old one did not. And if so where would be the cheapest one?

I got three recently through keylessrideoutlet on ebay. I got this one for under $15 delivered and it works great.

1995 to 1999 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE equipped with a factory (original equipment) keyless entry systems with an FCCID starting with GQ4 printed on the back of the remote.

Keyless remote on ebay

I bought a new fob for my '97 and I am having problems programming it. Im following the instructions which are pretty simple...

1) Ground pin #1 in diag. port(or jump to pin #4)
2) Turn key over and back, doors will lock and unlock to signal car is ready to program
3) Press any key on fob three times within 10 seconds

It says if the programming worked your doors will lock and unlock again. Thats where my problem is. When I ground the pin and turn the key my doors lock and unlock, but then I dont get anything after that. Ive tried different things when pushing the buttons on the fob. Ive tried holding the buttons for a few seconds, tapping them faster, pushing all three, etc.

Mine did that a few times but did eventually worked like it was supposed to.

Are you sure you have the correct remote? Some cars came with aftermarket "dealer installed" keyless entry made by Code Alarm. They use a different remote.

If you have OEM keyless entry then the remote should have an FCC ID # with GQ4 in the code number.

Im not sure if its oem or dealer installed. I have all the signs of oem, except I havent looked at the brain behind the rear panel. I have the hood sensor thing, I have the extra horn, and it seems to work like an oem unit. When I bought the car it didnt come with any key fobs thats why I bought this one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back