The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

How to program a Keyless Remote [Merged 5-7] fob reprogram programming alarm buttons

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxon23 said:
lay down under the drivers dash (head by your brake pedal) and look up and you will see it close to the side wall of the middle console

I got problems with find this 16-pin connector... Iam crazy from that connector!!Iam from Czech republic..my English is not well..:-(
You say that this connector is close to the ignition switch??Is it right?Can you send me some pics with this connector?? PLEASE:) -my e-mail: [email protected] Thanks..
I found and read most of the threads about keyless remote,but never find that right connector.I was still watching the junction box(on the rear is ETACS ECU-there is 20-pin connector!!)
Next problem.. On the keyless remote (in car -close to rear speaker) I don´t have a button with 3-positions--SET I, SET II...
Is it problem??
Hope you understand me.. :dsm:

You Keep in mind OBDII connector?!!! :cool: So EASY..and Iam finding it for One week!!! OMG
Everybody is talking about 16-pin connector which is under the dash on drivers side...Is not better say that is a OBDII connector(Diagnosis connector???!!!!)????? :mad:
Tell me if Iam not Right..will make reprograming tommorow..
Thank you

jaxon23 said:
yes the diagnosis connector. ahoi yoksumash

Nice.. but That instructions doesnt work on my car!!! :mad:
I take jumper wire between 1 and 4 pin,turn ign to ACC then back and NOTHING!! Lockers doesnt work!! What is the problem???
Isn´t any other way? Can´t be there any problem? What about keyless remote "controller"(on car- near rear speaker)- I don´t have the buttons SET I, FIX,SET II...??
Let me know please

I checked the connector,used "tester" to find electric input... There is only 1PIN(when you are looking on connector it is the last Pin on right in lower series(Pin No. 16!) This is strange!
Any Ideas??

boosted95 said:
ummm...I don't think the color should really matter. Are your doors closed? Just double check and make sure you have the right connector. I'm pretty sure you do. Maybe try a different kind of wire??

tbehling, PM defiant...he knows alot about that stuff.

Hello guys, Got same problem on my Eclipse as dsm4life..I make jumper wire betw. 1and4 pins,close doors,turn key to ACC then back to LOCK, and power lock buttons don´t work...??why (they have to lock/unlock-it is a signal that alarm ECU is ready to be reprogrammed???
I don´t have door switch on CO-driver side..Can be there problem?
Next ..Work this system without keyless remote(in car black box-near rear speaker on driver´s side)
I think my remote is "bad" Is "rusty"-not so bad,but...
Let me know please :dsm:

MarsaGSX said:
Hello guys, Got same problem on my Eclipse as dsm4life..I make jumper wire betw. 1and4 pins,close doors,turn key to ACC then back to LOCK, and power lock buttons don´t work...??why (they have to lock/unlock-it is a signal that alarm ECU is ready to be reprogrammed???
I don´t have door switch on CO-driver side..Can be there problem?
Next ..Work this system without keyless remote(in car black box-near rear speaker on driver´s side)
I think my remote is "bad" Is "rusty"-not so bad,but...
Let me know please :dsm:

ill tell you right now it doesnt work so dont waste anymore time on it. Either try and get one online and have the factory reprogram it or just get another alarm. If you get it from factory its like 75.00 ! not worth it at all. Thank god i fixed my remote and bought it a new case looks brand new but i only have one remote.

Defiant said:

Thanks,
I know about this web.. And I know That instructions how to reprogramed keyless entry for new Fob..I found maybe three types!
Still don´t work.:-(
I checked that instructions..
-Key to "Lock"position...O.K.
-Pin 1 and 4-make jumper wire between..O.K.
-Close all doors..Hope O.K. because of my missing paasenger door switch..
-Turn key to "ACC" then back to "Lock"
-Lockers are "death"-In Instr. they have to lock/unlock.It´s the Signal,Alarm Ecu is ready for reprogrammed.. This is End for me.

I know this:
- My OEM alarm works(green security light,I heard it..)
-I don´t have door switch on paasenger side(damaged,is out of car-here can be problem..?)
-My keyless remote unit(black box-in car drivers side near rear speaker.There is rellay too) looks little bit "tired" Is there small "surface rust"near the plug... So, I can´t say it´s work fine..
Let me know please
Thank you again OMG

No. You need FCC ID# GQ43VT6T only. There may be other styles with this ID.

The fob doesn't "program". The brain in the car learns the remote's signal.

Hey my keyless entry system is screwing up. the driver side opens fine but the passenger side does not work electronically. not using the internal switches or the external one. only if i put the friggin key in the hole and turn the key is the only way it opens. however it worls sporadically. like maybe once after 5 mins and than...boom back to square one. help please.

no if you push it twice it opens the passenger. the thing is using the inside lock buttons it doesn't friggin function. i hate this car yet i love her. its just that i hate the fact that the passenger thing doesnt work!

Also, DSM senders are fairly weak. Give it a whole load of presses, see if it finally figures out what you're doing. And don't try it from further than ten feet away.

Has anyone been successful at reprogramming aset of remotes for keyless entry. It is a 1996 GST. Any help would be thanked. Thanks Joboy :dsm:

Hi, i recently bought my 95 GSX and it did not come with the factory remote to lock/unlock the doors. So i went to a lock place where i can order the factory ones and they needed to know what type of remotes they were. They gave me three options of what they could be and being i dont have a Mitsubishi Dealer in town i thought i would ask you guys. The three options are: TRW Man. Dealer Installed , Dealer Installed , or TRW manufactured. The guy said he couldnt only program the remote if it is TRW Man. Dealer Installed. Thanks for the help :dsm: !

No idea what the difference is but you can get a remote off eBay for like $20, maybe he can figure it out from that. If not, there are guides on how to program the factory remote yourself with a little time, or drive to a dealership and have them do it in the worst case.
Also remember that just because you have power locks does not mean you have the keyless entry system in your car. If you do, it is behind the panel with the speaker grill on it on the drivers side to the left of the rear seat. Or if you call any dealership and give them your VIN they can tell you if your car originally had keyless entry or not.

After you make sure that you have keyless entry like stated above, just get on ebay and buy a remote that is for your car. Then get on here and search for programming keyless entry, and you will find the answer on how to do it. I believe it is ground pins 1 and 4 together, but there is a thread about it on here that even has pics. It is the easiest thing you will ever do on your car.

Ok that sounds like a better idea to me :thumb: . Especially since the guy was saying to order a factory remote it would be around $130 :mad: Thanks for the advice and rep points for both of you :rocks:

Yes it is pins 1 and 4. You can find the pins underneith the drivers side dash. The panel looks like a bunch of really small squares (about 14 of them or so) and they are all housed in a black rectangle that is about 2 inches by half an inch. You just take a paperclip, stick it in the first pin location, and stick the other end in the 4th pin location, and hit the lock button two times, or maybe its the unlock button two times, but its one or the other. It takes about 2 minutes if you know where the little black rectangle is, if not its kind of small and hard to locate. I can take some pictures tonight if i have my digital in my car.

Does anyone know how to program a keyless entry remote? It's for a sypder or should I just pay the 36 dollars for the dealer to do it? The remote itself is 95 bucks plus the cost to program it.

Ok, ive been a long time member to search and I have, i know the deal with jumping the pins 1 and 4, and the transmitter is located either under the steering wheel or driver side rear quarter panel.

I have a 95, early build date 94. My transmitter is in the rear quarter panel. So I jump the pins 1 and 4, i hear the door unlock, but only once. I turn on the key to acc nothing, I have tried every combination. There were a few times (i forget when because I have tried many variations of of the process), but a noise would sound from behind the dash. To be more specific it sounds like its coming from behind the stereo. I don't know what could be wrong.

I am using a keyfob from 97-99 with the 3 button with panic button, and I did read this shouldnt be an issue.

I have done the instructions from that PDF link roaming around, and the step by step one that is always copy and pasted. Nothing. Just that noise I hear coming from the dash somewhere.
When I lock the door the green security light will come on. Everything works fine, There was an aftermarket alarm that the previous owner put. I cleaned it all up and removed (at least I thought I have), perhaps there is something left in there that is unabling me to program the keyfob?

Any ideas?

Hi everyone, my names ashley.
im new to the site and have a few questions about my car :)

I have a 97 GST, and It had the infinity sound system. Today i ripped out the amp and all the wire harnesses for the infinity system, and re-wired the whole car.

After i blew the main fuse, and got lost wondering why my windows wouldnt roll up.. i came across a new problem after those were solved.

My power locks work, my power windows work but my keyless entry no longer works.

I checked all my fuses, and made sure all my connectors were plugged in correctly and no luck.

I got a new pioneer cd player, rockford 6x9's , and rockford 3", and pioneer for the door.
Ran all new speaker wires and it sounds great.

Im lost when it comes to the keyless entry though, if you could help me that would be great.

also , if this is in the wrong section or forum im so sorry !

-Ashley:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back