The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

high rev on start up, idle surging, no throttle response

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95GS-T515

Probationary Member
Mar 23, 2010
nevada, Iowa
okay so heres the problem, i have a 95 gst. it happened bout a month ago n i havent had any time to try n fix it but i started bout a week ago. heres the symptoms : at start up, the car revs up to redline, but in while its reving i have full throttle response till the rpms drop. when the rpms get to bout 2500rpm it starts idle surging btween that n 3500rpm. when its surging i have no throttle control ### so ever, please help ive tried everything i could find on the forums, from changing the isc to the tps, cleaning out the tb and checking for vac leaks and still nothing so ###z help

p.s. sorry for the bad grammar, its just that this problem is extremely frustrating to me

idk but im almost positive that its on, im also almost positive that the previous owner pulled the bulb out for it

yeah i had that happen to me.. about the cel on.. when did u get ## car?? u should take it to a autozone or advance auto parts and get the codes pulled.. just be sure u have money to fix the problem..

ive had the car for about a year now, every now and then id have a slight idling problem, the idle usually stuck around or under 200rpm, but i would take it to an autozone or advanced autoparts but the thing is i have no throttle response, when it starts surging i hit the gas and all i can hear is the TB opening up

Sounds like a big vacuum leak do you have an aftermarket boost guage? if so how much vac are you reading

thats ### i was thinking, so i went out n got a chiltons book on eclipses an checked all tha vac lines on there, and from what i could tell there wasnt any rips holes etc. and everything was connected but i may be wrong

i have an aftermarket boost gauge but i didnt think to look at it when the was started so ill take a look at it tomorow when i get the chance

it happened to me in the highway, but it was one of the intercooler pipes pop out, it starts, but does not idle, so i replace one the clamps and now they hold psi nice probably you have a vacuum leak somewhere?

yea i checked all the IC piping and all the hoses nothing was loose from what i could tell

u should move them around.. see if they pop out of place.. tighten all the clamps . even if they look tight.

alrite ill check on it tomorow n see ### the boost gauge reads, ill keep u guys posted an thanks for the help

"at start up, the car revs up to redline"Is the intake broke in half or something OMG is the throttle body even bolted on it ?Ya i being sarcastic but u have a big leak some were check the master cylinder booster line on the back of the intake, if the hose is hooked up and looks good take it of and plug it and see what happens.Possibly a bad brake booster

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back