The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Has anyone seen or tried these JXB Carrier Bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greddy_1700

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 27, 2006
Regina, SK_Canada
Hey,

I recently just rebuilt my driveshaft using OEM carrier bearings, but when I was looking up some info I came across these:

Apparently they make them for both 1G's and 2G's. These seem really interesting and dont require disassembly to replace. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts, or actual experience with this product.

Hey,

I recently just rebuilt my driveshaft using OEM carrier bearings, but when I was looking up some info I came across these:

Apparently they make them for both 1G's and 2G's. These seem really interesting and dont require disassembly to replace. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts, or actual experience with this product.

You have to cut your your oem carrier bearing and take out the actual bearing part of your OEM carrier bearing for these. Add to that cost a brand new OEM carrier bearing and they get kinda pricey. And you'll have to eventually replace that same bearing again and again.

They're cool but idk. They need to come up with a better bearing solution.

I dont think the bearing in the carrier bearing is the high wear part, ive never seen one that actually had bearing problems, just always split rubber. I think its a decent idea, but interested to hear some reviews from people who actually tried it.

I dont think the bearing in the carrier bearing is the high wear part, ive never seen one that actually had bearing problems, just always split rubber. I think its a decent idea, but interested to hear some reviews from people who actually tried it.

I wonder how quickly the bearing will wear without any play whatsoever in any of the rest of the assembly now. I'm curious to see bearing wear on these vs an oem rubber one.

Under car view

They have this video posted up shows that it definitely allows for small amount of movement, but if our OEM carrier bearings move around as much as those OEM carriers do the choice seems clear which would be better for a performance build, IMO.

Something I am wondering is if someone went this route, the installation calls for just cutting off the old exterior bit, keeping the inner bearing on the shaft, but if the bearing needs to be replaced, I'm not sure if you can buy just that bearing by itself, and may need to buy the OEM carrier bearing and then cut away the exterior rubber housing. DO correct me if I am wrong with a part number.

Now if they were solid machined billet, that would definitely be cause for concern.

Last edited:
Just get the number off the old bearing and find an equivalent. Bearings are usually generic standard sizes with many manufacturers. Doubt Mitsu makes their own unique bearings.

I both that kit with both bushings. Unfortunately I am in the process of relocating my fuse box with the battery to the trunk so my car is down for the moment and the way my schedule looks, I won't be installing these anytime soon. But when I do, I will try and I say try to remember about this thread so that I can update it. No promises.

And as far as wear goes, I truly don't care. It is not my DD. If they last one week then be it. I only drive this car 1k miles a year and if that.

I’ve had them on my car for about a month and I like em. Little more noise from the drivetrain but the driveshaft is much more solid with very little play. Easy install just have to make sure everything is lined up correctly. I have several launches and pulls with them on. No issues! Good product

Reviving this thread. Has anyone else actually used these aftermarket carrier bearings? They are more expensive than OEM but are also way easier to replace and seem to be a quality product. I'd be very interested to hear anyones real-world experience.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back