The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

GSX or GS-T?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGruff

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 22, 2002
Greer_SC
K looking into trading in my NT eclipse for the real thing. I finally got all my parts picked out and i am ready to go..but. I need the car first. Now i have the money to get either a GS-T or a GSX. I know the GSX gives your more traction but more parts to break. The GS-T is oposite. so what should i do guys? Your opinions are needed. Here is a run down of my Parts Wish List.

Engine

Free Mods
NGK spark plugs
Mag 8.5m Wires
Injen Intake
Lightweight Pulleys
Greddy BOV
Joe MBC
VOD Boost and EGT Gauges
Lo-Tek Dual A-POD
HKS TT
Apexi-N1
Hi-Flow Cat
Eliminator 02 and Down pipe Combo
Ported Exhaust Manifold
650c injectors
Extreme Fuel Pump
S-AFC
Greddy FMIC
Big16g Turbo, Ported and Clipped.

Suspension/wheels/Apperence

18x8 Konig Tantrums 225/40/18 712’s
Eba Pro Kit Drop
KYB Adj Shocks
Carbon Fiber Tail lights

I have been looking for a GSX for a long time now and the only nice 1 around here I have found is a 96 with 128k on it. It has rims and a new muffler. nothing special. they want 8 grand for it and other than having 128k on it its in great shape. is this a good deal or should i keep looking? and dont the 96 have a high percentage of crankwalk?

Originally posted by Megaman
128k for 8 grand? thats a bit much...ask to lower it down. and 97 has the highest % of crankwalk

97 may of a High % of walking...notice how i said may..still i dont think its a totally proven thing. Anyway have you ever tried to find a 2g GSX that is half way how you would want it? Its almost impossible unless you are going half way across the country. After starting this tread 3 months ago i just recently found my 2g GSX. I got lucky tho it was everything i was looking for. There was that one little problem tho. It was a 97 and i was scared at first that it might walk. Then i started thinking..If i thinking like that with every 2g GSX i look at then i am never going to get the car. So i said fuk it and took the chance. I havent regreted it yet(knock on wood).

I love my GSX and i wouldnt go back to FWD ever again.

*Cough*BS*cough* I have a stock gs-t and even from a stop I stomp stock gs-x...they just don't have enough power to get a lead on me enough to keep me from spanking them...for the first 20 feet they are beating me and then I fly right past them...............................................................................however I would like to have a gs-x for the traction...but I am perfectly happy with my gs-t...I can take off without spinning my tires at all :)...sometimes...

Originally posted by dsmnelskels
*Cough*BS*cough* I have a stock gs-t and even from a stop I stomp stock gs-x...they just don't have enough power to get a lead on me enough to keep me from spanking them...for the first 20 feet they are beating me and then I fly right past them...............................................................................however I would like to have a gs-x for the traction...but I am perfectly happy with my gs-t...I can take off without spinning my tires at all :)...sometimes...

Yeah...:rolleyes::D A GSX will own you off the line...AWD launches will give a GSX the headstart all the time.

Originally posted by twiste

yea, that was directed towards you...and i dont give a flying fudge-sicle if he could beat me! :D :thumb: I never said my car was fast. I'm just saying, that I would take my car turboed than a turbo version of my car, if that makes sense.

Ha:laugh: . Did you buy ur eclipse right after seeing FnF?

Who the hell would want a turboed 420a over a 4g63. No more potential on the 420 after the turbo.

I just wanna clear the air here. If you have the cash, you buy a GSX... For everyone else, there's the GS-t. I mean, how many of you would pass a Celica All-trac for a Blown GTS? Or an Audi A4 Quattro for an FWD? The fact is, a GSX only breaks more parts if it has more power. Oh, and I have no torque steer.

well i just got my 98 gst spyder and as far as a head turner go spyder but for traction gsx all the way! i saw a 1g gsx take a highly modded mustang running 4:11 gears out at rankin one night here in houston it was what got me into the dsm's but i love my gst spyder im the only kid in school with a turbo car let alone turbo drop top ! but if i had the chance i would go gsx :dsm: but dose it matter there all buetiful cars i mean there all dsm's!!!! :thumb:

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,101
yea GS-T are nice but i have GSX and it's been really good and really good to all the fu*ckin mustangs when all they do is slip and i'm just all traction so i would go with the AWD.....and u won't reget it i dont' think

AWD all the way. I am happy with mine and if you live in an area that snows or rains a lot then the car will pay for it self. I have no problems driving in the elements and I know my car will stay on the road. As for autox'n, AWD, imo are better due to the ability to have power to all four tires. Why else would the EVO be so bad a$$? :D

GSX for 1/4. GST for highway. i dont go speeding around neighborhoods or anything so the handling factor doesnt bother me. im fine with fwd. especially since most of the races around here are from highway rolls. drivetrain loss totally kills the gsx on the highway.

I would say go with the GSX if you can. Handling is better, power delivery is smooth on all wheels, and launching it is cool! If you can test drive a GSX, do so and then make your decision. When I was buying my car, I had a choice between a brand new GS-T and a brand new GSX. I went with the GSX. In the highway, I had the chance to go against GS-Ts and I had ran with them and in some occasions, beat them. From the line, GSX will take it if you are daring and dump the clutch. If you go with a bigger turbo, you will not have wheel spin due to the limited slip diferential found in these cars.

I gotta go with the gsx, my last car had crazy wheel spin. I hate having to steer or let off the gas and wait for the motor to come back down. I am very, very happy with the traction, and evn if it was a little bit slower I wouln't mind at all. After all you can always get more mods.

http://bsr.abcomet.com/2002/040602/17.wmv

copy and past the link above to see the VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out this link!!!!!! This is me when I FIRST got my GSX.... Intake, exhaust, IC Piping, BOV, and plug wires is all I had!! Yes, I have a STOCK T-25 when I raced him!!!! :p

The car I raced was a 95 Twin Turbo Supra!!! He was pushing about 400hp at the time. If you watch closely, we take off at the SAME time, and at the end, he starts to catch me cause Supras have MAD top end and the T-25 as you all know SUCKS in the top end! AND I was running on 18" WHEELS!!!! He had stocks on!!!!!!!!!!!! It was fun!!!!:thumb:

hey i represent that 420a turbo bashing, i have all the power i need and dont have the crankwalk sh!t on my mind, plus my insurans is lower, and it will drive my FWD tsi into the ground, however gst or gsx is any mans own personal preference, i like the gst because it is lighter and if you know how to drive you can take any gsx, maybe not in the take off but while they are smoking clutches and burning up there transaxles you will be on your way, i happen to like both, i have driven and owned both, i have to say that i wouldnt give up my 97 rst tho.... just my $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back