The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

GSX or GS-T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JL56

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 9, 2005
Minot, North_Dakota
I recently got an offer from a friend who knows a person selling a 95 Eclipse GSX. It has the following
New 6-Bolt
New tranny
2100 Act clutch
3" cat back
#"down piping
New Turbo
New Bov s-type
and a whole bunch more.
however there is a little body damage on the driverside bumper and fender. just scratched not acctually broken. Stock suspension, wheels and breaks. Its red and has 79xxx n the body and 12oo on the motor

$7000
should I do it???? :dsm:

When i was lookin for my car, I tryed to stay away from cars like that. The more after-market parts, the harder it was driven. ESPECIALLY if the guy put a new engine in it, plus all those performance parts. For 7g, you could find one like mine, low milage, garage keep, owned by an older guy, and completely stock (for the most part) and then u know it was taken care of. I only say this because i am 16, and I know how my friends drive in their modded ricers. They all wanna be fast & furious, they shift high, burn out, and drive like @$$es. But, if it looks good to you, go for :thumb:

For 7k?

Is he out of his friggin skull?

Look up book on the car. Granted he's going to try to sell it to an enthuiasist but I'm getting a 1995 Talon TSi AWD with 110k on the chassis absolutely perfect exterior (it wasn't garage kept and its the same year so I dont know how its so perfect) a new Jasper motor that has 40k on it but is warrantied 3yrs/75k for $3500. The car comes with the stock t25 and one with 30k on it, turbo timer, upgraded pipes, mp3/cd head unit, $300 monster sound rear speakers, etc. The only thing the car needs is a new ball joint (covered in a recall so I can get it for free) and 4 new rotors. Thats a really good deal but I wouldn't pay more than 5k.

The kid selling it has a few extra cars and is sick of it. He would rather buy a new one and sell his G1 andG2.The main thing I am worried about is cranck walk and burning out clutches and I herd it rarely happens to 6-bolts Though yor right totalburnout its hard to think im paying that much for it. I know in my ESi I had problems with the tranny and clutch thats why I want to be careful. It seems like everything is more expensive here in theu upper midwest ND,SD,MN,MT In fact I got 6000 for my ESi and all it had was coilovers intake exaust and painted intirior. My point is its hard to find deals here. And Wat about GS-T are they Just as good as a GSX,(minus the AWD)

I have a 98 GS-T and I love it. Just like a GSX, but yes, minus AWD. If AWD is very important to you then get it. But I decided that it wasnt important to me, so i went for a GS-T.

No I need AWD it snows alot here. But have you ever raced an AWD I mean Are they that much faster with the same mods or does it take a llittle longer for the AWD becouse the power is split

JL56 said:
The kid selling it has a few extra cars and is sick of it. He would rather buy a new one and sell his G1 andG2.The main thing I am worried about is cranck walk and burning out clutches and I herd it rarely happens to 6-bolts Though yor right totalburnout its hard to think im paying that much for it. I know in my ESi I had problems with the tranny and clutch thats why I want to be careful. It seems like everything is more expensive here in theu upper midwest ND,SD,MN,MT In fact I got 6000 for my ESi and all it had was coilovers intake exaust and painted intirior. My point is its hard to find deals here. And Wat about GS-T are they Just as good as a GSX,(minus the AWD)

they have a bit more hp at the wheels becasue the awd system equals its power to all the wheels n its a bit lower then a fwd hp rating, but awd is got phenomenal handling and u wont be worried about take off traction when/if u mod ur car to be faster. My 1.8L Talon roasts its tires if im not carefull with the clutch, and its not even turbo.

JL56 said:
No I need AWD it snows alot here. But have you ever raced an AWD I mean Are they that much faster with the same mods or does it take a llittle longer for the AWD becouse the power is split

The GSX is faster than the GST in the 1/4 mile due to traction. Its slower from a highway pull.

If most of the stuff is new in the car like the tranny and motor and such should I be worried about it?? Or can I just dissregard how the perdon drove it before (new axles too)

JL56 said:
If most of the stuff is new in the car like the tranny and motor and such should I be worried about it?? Or can I just dissregard how the perdon drove it before (new axles too)

Well other parts like brakes that weren't swapped out, axles, any frame damage, rust, etc.

You still have to make sure everything with the new motor is alright. That car that I posted about had an oil leak when I looked at it. Luckily its covered by warranty but it was a pretty ugly oil leak even with a new motor, the people who put it in, ####ed it up.

Which is beter to buy out of a G2

A GSX
B GS-T
and which one is better with a 6-bolt. I am also curious about the AWD and FWD factors, Which one is faster in the long run and which one ifs faster in the short run. I got an offer For A 95 GSX for 7000 Is this a little high?? it is mid moded and has a new 6-boltwith 1200miles on it. new axles and new tie-rods and a whole bunch more new stuff the body seems to be in good shape except for the scraches on the front bumper. I live in North Dakota and am a collage student so I need something I can drive almost all the time and have fun with to. I also got an offer for a GST with about the same done except it was 6000 what should I do?????? heres some pics of the GSX

Attachments

• Dec 9 075.jpg
    Dec 9 075.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 549
GO WITHT THE AWD!!! Cant go wrong with the traction, and the motor has 1200 on it. Id say about everyone will say awd here.

JL56 said:
With a brand new 6-bolt though???

That doesnt make it worth much more. A real enthuisiast may pay more for it, but it just means that there was a problem with the engine prior. Its not neccesarly a reassuring thing to have a new engine, infact its a sign something was either 1) fubar'd or 2)the engine was swapped out for something bigger/better and it was most likely romped on.

Thats too much for the car.

I think Totalburnout hit it on the head... A new engine, and axles??? Look in that engine bay. nice purple annoed BOV, venting it looks like, some one was having fun with it. Betting it was beat on a bit.

that said go with the AWD, but not for that much....

Mike :laser:

id definately hit it. compared to the prices for 2g gsx's here thats dam cheap. there was a place that wants a non working gsx here for 13, and some kid actually bought it.

DEFINATLY the AWD. take the car to get a 100+ point inspection to see how its running, you may pay 100-150 to get that done but at least ul know its worth it in the end, also if that BOV is atmospheric and not cycled GET THAT FIXED! plus check out to make sure the clutch and pressure plate, flywheel etc on the trans is good, kuz if that goes.. then you will regret ever getting it, also try to get a compression test to make sure they dont have a bad cylinder(s) that should come with the inspection test.

I'm not gonna lie, the difference in the pull is HUGE. The GST has a bit better turning radius, a bit less drivetrain loss (not too important but it counts), and seems to cost less in the long run

For the GSX there are alot more drivetrain components to worry about, but you are distributing the power over a larger area. Apparently with the setup I'm about to get I should burn them in 4th WOT.... but if you don't plan on racing from a stop much.... that is the biggest place AWD comes in handy (other than the snow). I hear with the Quaife I'm getting and slicks I shouldn't have too much of a traction problem at the track, and thats the only time I'll be launching on my drivetrain that hard.

PLUS... one thing I looked at was some parts that are for the AWD are $200 instead of $35, but quite a few others are at least $20-$30 more. I say if you don't plan to race from a stop alot and you really need a daily driver and especially if you are a broke college kid..... go FWD. Either way I would look into the eagle talon. Same car, much cheaper.

the bov is the last of his worries

if its not a spyder dont pay more than 7 grand for it

a dealership doenst care if you have rims, new motor etc....why should you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back