The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

GS-T or GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P1noy-Talon

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 26, 2003
IllinoisUS
Hey guys I have a problem, I have a opputunity to choose either a GSX or a GS-T,:D the problem is that it is hard to find GSX's and the GS-T is cheap also this is going to be my first car and I am only 14 :laugh:

Thnx for da help:thumb: :dsm: :dsm: :dsm:

14 year olds can drive now? what kinda world are we living in!?!?!
anywayz, i'll go with the GSX kid~ and do some search, there were sooo many threads about this.

Originally posted by [TYPE]SS
14 year olds can drive now? what kinda world are we living in!?!?!
anywayz, i'll go with the GSX kid~ and do some search, there were sooo many threads about this.

dude Imma drive bootleg LOL:D well i mean i just want to know your opinion .....plus my moms buying the GS-T from a friend for like $6,500 for like 70,000miles

Originally posted by Slappster
I think you need to finish puberty before you have a car.

Give the kid a break man. He is just trying to get an early start in the world of DSM's. And if he is only 14, by the time he is old enough to drive it legally I bet he will have it right!

As you probably noticed, by now most of the people in here will suggest you to get a gsx, and indeed that's a very good option, but it depends what you want to do with the car in the future if you ask me.

Regardless of racing it or not, GSX have more road grip, even on bad weather, so that will make it the best option, but in my personal opinion the reason I choose a GST is because I do like to race, but I like challenges as well, around my area people are crybabies (some Non-DSM's), if I race them with an AWD they start talking that I beat them because of my better launch, but in the track, racing could go by brackets to avoid other car advantages making racing more challenging and more tunning involved, and if you have really bad traction with a GST you can always go with slicks, so to avoid that I rather start my tuning experiences with my gst till' I get better knowledge. Anyway I'm not saying that GSX is a bad starter, no... not at all. It's just my personal opinion.

But I'm getting to far ahead, I don't think your going to the track no time soon, But I wrote this just to give a little idea of what your trying to decide, right know you shouldn't worry to much and just go for what you like, and be really careful with your driving skills and record, cause it's gonna stick with you the rest of your life, and don't let a turbo car be responsible for your actions...

Hope this helps man...! :dsm:

PS: It's nice to have people who like to start at a young age. But don't forget to be responsible. If your mom it's willing to get you this car, if cause she trust you, don't let her down. :thumb:

hehe, I got my first car ((an old rx7)) when I was 14, damn, donuuts everywhere on my block, you can still see'em, wel, Im only 16 now, but it still feels like a long time ago, Ive had a few more cars, a crx, a mustang, a newer rx7, and now a dsm. Ahhh...........the beauty of cars.

You've had 5 cars... and you are only 16...

what the hell? Are you wrecking these things or just getting a new one when the other one runs out of gas?

dood.. if ur getting a car at the age of 14.. and even good ones at that.. either a gsx or gs-t.. u shouldn't even complain and be picky and ask which is better.. cause at ur age.. any car is good..

WTF?????

ur 14 and ur mom is giving you a car???

well alls i can say is like you better get her a damn good male stripper ..haha....j/k

but yea seriously id say 14 is a good age to start learning about cars and most importantly respecting them cause wether you come to know it or not what ur about to get is prolly one of the most dangerous things a 14 year old can have...im not trying to lecture im just sayin...make sure you come to respect the car and the power it has and dont go showin off to all the honeys in ur school by drivin around fast or doin donuts...

instead showoff by lettin them come over to ur house and lettin them sit in the car and maybe take it out for a drive down the raod but thats it LOL trust me with a nice soundsystem and a gst/gsx eclipse you dont even have to do anything illegal and youll have almost every 14 year old girl at her knees...haha..

but seriously though have fun with ur new ride, give ur mom a hug, and most importantly be safe!!!

Both are great cars and like mentioned earlier, it depends on what you want. The T will be more of a challenge in making it fast, however, I like the freeway abilites of my FWD. Depensd on what kind of driving you are going to be doing. If you are always off the line then get the X hands down. If have more fun on a rolling start or freeway, then get a T. Also, if you plan to autocross, then get an X for hnadling purposes. This should all be a factor when you decide what you want.

When I mentoined the freeway earlier, I am not trying to piss people off by saying that they are slow on the freeway, cause there are some fast ass X's out there too on the FWY, but if you have two identically modded cars and one is and X and the other is a T and they run on the freeway, they T will win due to less drivetrain loss. Obviously driving is a factor, but I am assuming that they both have experienced drivers. When my car was perfectly stock, I pulled ony my friends lightly modded X on the freeway. Good luck with your decision and BE SAFE AND CAREFUL! 14 is a young age to start driving. Be responsible and all will be good :thumb:

Brian

not gonna hate here....just jealous,wish i had a DSM when i was 14 thats all....Can't go wrong w/either,if you can go with the GSX,or try a TSI AWD,same car of course but you can probly find one cheaper,just stick on the DSM path,have fun:thumb:

In terms of speed AWD is the better choice and will give you a better launch in a race scenerio. At the same time FWD won't lag if you race from a roll.

It's up to you, personally I would get AWD.

ok, we all know that this kid is gonna get a GST/GSX and hes gonna wanna street race. ok, ive been there, i used to street race alot. and in my little ####y ass GS i couldent do shit, i was getting spanked by all the GSXs. they definatly have a better launch, and you gant beat the sweet sound of a turbo. so if your going to be street racing (i dont recomend it) then you should go with a GSX. make shure its a manuel though, nobody likes to get stuck just pushing the gas peddal. on another note, i dont think you should do street racing. i have been going to the street races sonce i was around 14 and then when i got my GS at 16 i went there and raced every week. now my car has been inpounded once, i have reced countless tickets, and i am still paying the fines. when you get the car, just put some nice rims on it, lower it, put a phat sound system in, and cruize. some times it better to go slow and let the honeys check you out. :dsm: :thumb:

were you just talking about a gs vs gsx's of coarse you got spanked. Hes talking about gst vs gsx, but your right about the racing. I hope i dont have to get some fat tickets before i am careful about where i open it up.

Originally posted by eclipse95racer
ok, we all know that this kid is gonna get a GST/GSX and hes gonna wanna street race. ok, ive been there, i used to street race alot. and in my little ####y ass GS i couldent do shit, i was getting spanked by all the GSXs. they definatly have a better launch, and you gant beat the sweet sound of a turbo. so if your going to be street racing (i dont recomend it) then you should go with a GSX. make shure its a manuel though, nobody likes to get stuck just pushing the gas peddal. on another note, i dont think you should do street racing. i have been going to the street races sonce i was around 14 and then when i got my GS at 16 i went there and raced every week. now my car has been inpounded once, i have reced countless tickets, and i am still paying the fines. when you get the car, just put some nice rims on it, lower it, put a phat sound system in, and cruize. some times it better to go slow and let the honeys check you out. :dsm: :thumb:
Unless i find a GSX under $7,500 I can't buy it because my mom alrdy put $500 to hold on to the red GS-T 5speed because one of their friends is selling the car to us for cheap.....soo.....yea...:laugh: :dsm: :dsm: :dsm:

How would you like a 97+ 2G with a 6-bolt motor and nice shifting 2G trans? the BEST of BOTH worlds

thats what i wanna do in the future =)

All i can say is you're very lucky. When i turned 16 i was sporting a Buick century.. I had to work my ass off to get enough money to get me a 91 GS. and i've worked since then till now to get a 95GST.. So i say whatever your mom wants to get - take and don't be stupid. Don't fall into peer pressure or you wont have a car long.. or you'll have insurance rates that are more than your car payment.

I'll be 16 in a month and a half, and I remember a little over a year ago being a lot like you, really excited about cars (of course, I knew my parents weren't buying for another year+). I agree, you should go with what your mom wants (trust me, if mom likes the car, you're more likely to get it) unless she really doesn't care. Also take into account that since its a friend of hers, you have someone to blame if something breaks, and its more likely that if it was the friend's fault, she'll fix it. I think you'd be less likely to try crazy things in a GS-T anyway, cause FWD burnouts don't look nearly as amazing as AWD ones, and an FWD car can't drift. Good luck, and remember, you're one lucky 14yr old, just know that driving crazy gets you in deep sh-- with more than just your parents. Moreso than anything else, have fun with it!

for all the haters out there, I got a car when I was 14 too, in some states you can legally drive then...

I'd go with the X hands down. It's a safer car and launches like nobody's business.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back