The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Gauge cluster problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PearlSweatshirt

Proven Member
Dec 10, 2013
Georgetown, Kentucky
I've owned my 98 gst for quite sometime now and ever since I've had it. My speedometer and odometer have not been working. I was wondering what could I start a check on first?

If everything else works on the gauge cluster, lights, and other gauges then more then likely It's not a problem with the gauge itself. But a problem with the sensors on the transmission, if you have done any recent work in that area or around it you could have knocked one of the wires off. However if it turns out to be a bad speedometer you will need to get a replacement, repairing the circuit board isn't going to be a easy option.

Check the speed sensor on trans axle. You can find it buried in the bracket for the rear roll-stop. Check the connector and pull out the sensor to check the speed gear. If the trans has been pulled before, it is an easy sensor to damage.

Well I got my trans out right now actually but if I got a pic of the back side and yall could point it out to me that'd be great

It is inside the bracket that bolts the trans to the rear roll stop (engine mount). It is about 4-5 inches long and is held in with 1 bolt. When you pull it out, there should be a little plastic gear attached to it.

Yah I found the plug. And I figured out the problem.. When we pulled the engine and trans out my buddy told me that he never even unplugged a plug from it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back