The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

gap between tranny and engine. what can I do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_97tsiawd_

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 6, 2007
camas, Washington
Its and automatic AWD. Three of the four tranny to engine bolts go in just fine but the bottom bolt closest to the firewall wont go in all the way. When it starts to get close, it begins to push the engine away from the tranny. I know the bolt hole is fine and nothing is stuck in there. I'm using the original bolt. It makes a noise during acceleration and its so bad its not drivable.

Any ideas???????

Dont drive it like that unless you want the tranny to die. Sounds like the bolt is bottoming out in the block. Only way I see that happening, you must have installed the wrong bolt in one of the other holes that is a little shorter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back