The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Gap between exaust manifold and turbo ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithson30

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 11, 2011
OGDEN, Kansas
Ok what going on is the right rear bolt is hitting the exhaust manifold. So there is this big gap (see picture). Do I need to buy some sort of spacer ? Or do i need to buy different bolts ?

Attachments

• 317fvk0[1].png
    317fvk0[1].png
    70.2 KB · Views: 231
I meant ratcheting wrenches..I got mine at sears or kmart, craftsman..Great wrenches I do have to say..I think they were 28$..Except mine aren't flat they well bent, and don't fit into alot of spaces that the flat ones would..

I have the blackhawk ratcheting wrench set off the MAC truck ran me $ 200 on sale that was standard and metric.

They make a socket adapter set for them for tight fit places but it cost another $ 200, but it comes with all the sizes and snaps into the ratcheting wrench, Its like an inset socket.

Last edited:
Mine are just metric but for 28$ that really leaves you room to buy the standard set..But hey If you like the mac tools then stick with them..Both have a lifetime warranty..One is just considerably cheaper..But the standard and metric set that you have does sound pretty cool..

Its just good because the MAC truck comes on monday, and MATCO comes on tuesday, I fell in love with the new MATCO 88 series. 88 gear teeth in a ratchet next time you see a truck walk on and try one out. Nothing really helps with this right rear bolt on this manifold though its just a bad design period.

I'm going to have to agree with Justin on post 22..It's not an equal length header..But putting that aside ya its not a bad design, but next time maybe they could make one equal length..

I'll have to check out the mac truck, but i'm really not cool with a 200$ set of wrenches..

I disagree. I say it is a bad design that right rear bolt is near impossible to get to. I got a 30 mm bolt and had to slide it in at an angle, then hand tightened thought it was in right, then put the wrench on and half way though started tightening, pulled it back out and was like crap.

Im not knocking on Pacesetter at all, because for american muscle cars they make a great header. At least for the Chevy 350 they do. Just not so good for our DSMs.

With the crazy tool prices I always say you get what you pay for. I have alot of different brands Craftsman, Snapon, Genuis, MAC, and Matco, but I have to say all the MAC and Matco tools make the jobs alot easier sometimes. I hate having to drive all the way to sears to exchange broken tools too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back