The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Gap between headlights and bumper >:|

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

always_broken

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 14, 2006
werx, Utah
Well, I think I pinpointed it but I just need some reassurance.

I installed a fmic awhile back and I remember I took out the core bumper assembly.

It's been bugging me, I screw the 10mm's from the sidemarker areas and the top bolt holes on the bumper. But I always have that gap. It's pretty bad...

I noticed there's a tab for a bolt to go through on the bumper where the headlights sit on top of, but I don't see nothing for it to grab on to.

2gb conversion on 95

There should be two plastic studs that guide through the holes and then two holes for bolts. The bolts should go through to a welded in nut to thread into.

There should be two plastic studs that guide through the holes and then two holes for bolts. The bolts should go through to a welded in nut to thread into.

I got that part, it's the tab where the headlight sits on top of.

I looked at a pic and it showed it was the bumper support..lmk

Oh the two tabs that go into the bumper support? Two plastic screw poppers that are on that metal bracket that mounts into the bumper support?

here's a pic:

Attachments

• bumpersupport.jpg
    bumpersupport.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 150
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back