The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Full on Evo III swap to a 95 Mirage shell, 4g63, AWD, RHD all OEM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well got the hks twin on today and the tranny back on the car. also got the tranny polly mount in
DSC00856.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

also had the wife drive almost an hour each way to pick up a set of new 3in cherry bombs going to put one on here and one on the hatch got them both for 40.00 they are just to make the cars a little less loud
DSC00859.jpg

worked on the car today. took the tranny back uot and shimed the clutch folk out for the hks twin. also took out the full a/c system with the a/c wiring. it was no longer charged so it had a hole in it some were and leaked out in the last 2 years.
Also sent out the gt40 to get a smaller hot side for it. I will try to get it all on before the cook out
no more a/c
DSC01007.jpg

the pile of junk aka a/c system
DSC01005.jpg

new manifold for the car
DSC01006.jpg

got some more done on the car yesterday. cut up and fitted the fmic pipe to the t.b. just had to redo 2 of the s.s. pipes had to make them shorter to fit the car with the smim since the fmic is for a 2g. also got the drive train all back together.
DSC01008.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

also here is my muffler I got for a 2g mas
DSC01011.jpg

DSC01012.jpg

worked on the car the last 2 days
got the tranny filled back up with redline heavy weight shock. and the hella horns put on yesterday.
DSC01032.jpg

today dad and I got the manifold all fixed up. made a new coil bracket so it will bolt were the a/c bracket was. welded in the 10an bung to the extra oil pan I had. got the dnp manifold and the pte5031e off the car after we started the car up with no down pipe to check out the clutch and it is 100 times better than the QM was.

bye to the dnp,pte5031e
DSC01028.jpg

pipes and flex for the new down pipe
DSC01027.jpg

10an bung (on a 100 year lease LOL
DSC01029.jpg

the top mount
DSC01031.jpg

the huge housing that is not getting used 1.34
DSC01030.jpg

does clear with the hood on with the 1.34 housing with a few inch's
DSC01026.jpg

10an drain tube. it is a 4000psi oil,hydro hose with crimp on 10an ends.
DSC01033.jpg

newest pics 8-6-09
got the griffin scirroco radiator fitted. just have to cut off the water neck and have it welded shut and cut the upper hose fitting and have it come out at a 45 so it will clear the turbo better. Also cut out the full top radiator surport to make room for the radiator so we made a nice flat bar to bolt in and has a 90 piece of steel in on the bottom to hold the top of the radiator.
DSC01041.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

we put in a 2g upper motor mount that we had to mod it to fit with the polly mount
DSC01045.jpg

got both of the tial 38's on the manifold
DSC01043.jpg

also picked up a set of hood pins from craig. need to use them now since the car will no longer have a hood latch on it because the radiator is now sitting there.
DSC01048.jpg

Awesome build up!
What kind of tubular manifold is that?

the manifold is a 1 off. it was made by LSE for there drag car a galant vr4. the car was parted out and it was bought by a local for his 2g drag car project and he cut 2in out of it to fit his car. He never finished the car and parted it out to pay off bills. So I picked it for for 130.00. It has had just dyno pulls and some street pulls on it when it was on the galant for tuning when I worked at LSE before the shop closed.

got the radiator and water neck back from John(Pushit2.0) to day. big thanks to him for welding them up. Had the upper hose pipe welded at a 45 and the radiator cap cut off and welded shut. On the water neck it is the evo III bottom and a 1g upper and it is also at a diffrent angle so it will clear the turbo when it get's back I hope soon so I can get the car done.
DSC01054.jpg

DSC01055.jpg

water neck
DSC01052.jpg

also put in the other evo III water pipe I had since I dont need to run the dented pipe any more. Also show's the new angle for the water neck
DSC01053.jpg

Dad worked on the radiator. cut some holes in the mounting tabs to install the oem rubber mounts for the radiator and welded in a set of bolts to hold the bottom of the radiator.
DSC01056.jpg

the new upper radiator support. We made it a bolt in so the radiator can be taken out with out taking the top mount off the car. It also holds the front and back of the top of the radiator so it does not move at all.
DSC01057.jpg

waited to after the cook out for the new set up pic's. did not want to give it all away before hand.

DSC01098.jpg

DSC01099.jpg

DSC01100.jpg

also a huge thanks to John for making the v-band flange for the down pipe and redoing my upper out let on the radiator for the 2nd time so it would clear all the way.
DSC01101.jpg

also got 2nd at the cook out for the 2nd year in a row. mabe next year it will be painted
DSC01103.jpg

pics at the cookout
so far I have gotten some trophies for it and it is not even done yet
2007 3rd
2008 2nd
2009 2nd
all in the evo class

but any way here is the new set up for this year. that I got finnished up the morring of to get it there
custom made divided t4 top mount manifold
twin tial 38mm gates 24psi springs (low boost)
hks twin disk. It replaced the QM twin disk that was worn out
griffin drag radiator
s.s. radiator hoses
bolt on custom upper radiator support
buschur 2g dsm race fmic kit with s.s. piping
garrett GT40
pte 1600cc injectors
also swaped the car to E85 from pump gas 93

on to a few pic's
6413_1136520569542_1123170014_30516916_7862845_n.jpg

6413_1136520609543_1123170014_30516917_2328713_n.jpg

3853858480_04e139618a.jpg

here is the pic link for l ton of the cookout pics
The 2009 Cookout Recap, Post Your Photos! - MitsuStyle

SICK CAR BRO! I love the fab work- the firewall and the AWD swap look so clean, as do those custom JDM brake swap brackets, LOL! I really like how you pieced together the rear floor out of three pieces of garbage metal to save a few bucks, really gives it that custom touch! And your seam-sealer looks great too, I just wish I had a retarded little brother that was still into finger paint to apply seam-sealer for me. Keep up the good work, looks tits.

That was a cool project so far. I wish I would take the time to document builds when I do them. I always forget to take pictures of everything so my build threads always suck, LOL. Nice work. Will be nice to see it "finished"

always forget I have the car posted up on here. There has been more done to it since the last time I posted anything about it.

so here is all the new updates. they are all just copyed and pasted so the dates, ect are old

new update on the car this is the newest on the car as of nov 2009
the gt40 blew 3 times and I got tired of the rebuilder not doing it right so I bought a new turbo

It now has a new turbo pte6776
DSC05051.jpg

DSC05053.jpg

also turned my new front rotors I picked up this summer for the car for 70.00 for a set that are around 600.00 new
DSC05050.jpg

also got 2 new gauges for the car got the wide band for 25.00 and the peak hold boost gauge for 30.00 (picked up the boost gauge to replace the one in the car so they will all be peak hold now)
DSC05055.jpg

Also ecmlink.com just came out with link for evo 1-3 ecu and it just showed up yesterday

no more chip and safcII :)
2009-11-19152311.jpg

2009-11-19152324.jpg

got this the other day. I bought it just for the cusco brake stop bracket
got the full thing for 13.00
25959_0.jpg
25959_1.jpg

all bolted in
DSC05058.jpg

DSC05056.jpg

my black friday parts showed up yesterday
the aem wideband and arp l19's
DSC05060.jpg

new parts oem evo 3 rain/wind gards
23390_rain_1.jpg

got a set of new intake manifold and t.b. heat barrier gasket
I traded a guy on ecmlink for a set of stock cams,valves,springs & retainers for them not a bad deal for me I was just going to toss them in the trash
DSC05068.jpg

got the rods today. got them cheap and the guy did not take the pistons off of them and they are junk any way. I dont know what brand or any info on the pistons but they will be junked.
DSC01619.jpg

after 5min of work
DSC01620.jpg

Ali and I went out to u pull it on wed for some parts for her car. Ended up finding a 1994 galant dohc 2.4 there the car was compleat on wed. So I ended up taking the off the t.b.,valve cover,cam gears off it. Then I ended up selling a few parts on wed and thurs to give me cash to go back out on fri morroing with ali and my dad ken to pull out the engine. Got the full thing for 200.00. It helps out that is is a dohc bottom end already so I don't have to plug up the extra holes on my sohc 2.4 I got a few years ago from a buddy.
the new 2.4 that I will be building now.
DSC01631.jpg

DSC01632.jpg

DSC01633.jpg

DSC01634.jpg

damn this is amazing work haha, mirage to evo =P, very clean too.

Thanks guys.
As of right now it is down for the summer. The stock evo 3 bottom end let go while it was getting tuned. It is one of 2 things. 11. Spun a rod bearing or 2. Broke a piston pin. Have not had time to work on it at all.

I am busy building my new car it is a 1993 mirage sedan that is getting all the parts from my 92 talon tsi fwd since I sold the talon as a rolling shell for 1200.00. So the new mirage will be a fwd built 4g63t swap with all oem evo 1 and 2 body panels on it. It will also stay lhd so the wif can drive it.

As for the evo 3. I am going to get the 2.4 bottom end all done and take the car down to a bare shell and start painting it soon as it gets warmer out

Last edited:
Keep us updated on the lhd mirage build as well as the progress of this beast.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back