The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Fuel Injector Selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awddirtdrag

Probationary Member
Jan 22, 2008
Colonial Heights, Virginia
I am having trouble figuring out what size injectors to run with my motor. Its a 6 bolt .20 over ross piston manely i beam rods, race port and polish head 1mm over valves int-exh, comp 400 cams, jm fab manifold, 75 mm throttle body, pt 67 turbo and ill be running aem ems. I am running into problems figuring out the fuel system, everyones opinion is different and i was still looking for a more solid route other than 'this should work' any help would be great:dsm::dsm:http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/images/smilies/mitsu-smiley.gif
:dsm:

I was looking at the same turbo before. Your gonna need at least 1200cc injectors. On a 1g with base fuel pressure of 37 psi, they would support a max of 850.24hp. But thats at 100% IDC so you really only want to push them 680hp at 80% IDC.

1600cc injectors would be my choice.

i have a walboro 255 in the tank now, what pump would you suggest. i was told about the aeromotive 1000, and run #10 all the way to the rail??

I would get a Bosch 044 fuel pump, upgrade the lines and filter, FIC 1150 or RC 1200 injectors, base fuel pressure around 55 psi. 1600's are a bi*** to tune compared to any other injector, it can be done, but in my opinion it's just not worth it. Most people end up lowering base fuel pressure so they aren't flowing 1600cc's anyway. Increasing base pressure with 1200's would put you really close to where the 1600's would be with lower base pressure.
1600's at 35 psi base would be around 1435cc's, 1200's with a 55psi base would be 1350, only 85cc difference.

Aeromotive fuel pumps are a waste of money, the A1000 doesn't flow as much as a Bosch 044, it's more expensive, louder, and not as reliable.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back