The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1G FP red76hta +2.3L + E85 +25psi = 522hp/470tq

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSLENK

10+ Year Contributor
May 25, 2011
DC, Maryland
Been waiting way too long for this. Props to Dave Katz at EFI specialties. DynoCom dyno.

466/420 on 93oct ~23psi

522/470 on E85 ~25psi

Ran out of injector (FIC Blue Max 1250, 85% IDC) and fuel pump AEM320. Still has plenty left.

Gonna take it to ~35psi and whatever HP that gets me. Some google searching leads me to believe Dynocom reads about 10% high. On the heartbreaker... 520 is probably more like 460hp.

I have chosen injectors... But I am interested in what RELIABLE fuel pump setups the 500-600hp people are running on E85. Last resort will be Magnafuel 4303. Eyeballing an AEM380 inline.

Ported Head, hks272, springs
2.3L JE/eagle stroker. All ARP hardware

Attachments

• Dyno_930ct.png
    Dyno_930ct.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Dyno_E85.png
    Dyno_E85.png
    47 KB · Views: 256
Yup. I tried ptfe lines and fuel lab filter with both an as element and a paper element with NO luck. Kept clogging the injectors and getting crap in the tank. Went back to stock lines and oem filter, haven't had a single issue since. Going on 3yrs now.

The stock filter isn't much of an issue as long as you delete the banjo fitting.

That being said I have ptfe from the tank to a fuel lab 10 micron element, and have had zero issues.

A local guy told me that if you use stock lines the e85 will eventually eat through them, therefore, I've been planning the ole fuel lab kit. This is interesting to hear you don't necessarily have to. I wonder what the op will put down on higher boost.

The stock fuel lines are made of steel. You would damage the fuel rail long before the fuel lines. And the fuel rail is quite thick. We have had cars run for years and years on all stock lines and air making big power

I am running PTFE lines, fuel lab fuel filter, FIC fuel rail (andonized inside). Overkill maybe, but it is pretty, and makes the fuel system more modular. I have had no issues yet. I do pull injectors and clean/wipe them off. Or just run a full tank of 93oct every once in a while.

I do not have the logs from the dyno. I did not tune the car myself.

Why do you say that? I have been on the stock fuel lines/filter for years with no issues on a high boost setup...

Piece of mind and for future upgrades. You don't need to change the stock fuel filter and lines in the same sense that you don't need an aftermarket damper (crank pulley). But, while your in there, it's money well spent...

Piece of mind and for future upgrades. You don't need to change the stock fuel filter and lines in the same sense that you don't need an aftermarket damper (crank pulley). But, while your in there, it's money well spent...

I guess I fail to see how ditching the oem filter offers "peace of mind" when it's worked flawlessly for myself and others in this thread. I don't think the comparison between this and the 20yr old rubber on a stock harmonic damper is an apples to apples comparison.

Aeromotive 340, stock lines, fuel lab filter, stock rail and 1650's on E85. Works wonderful for me. 36 lbs on a HX40. No dyno. Link estimates show 614/485. Those are just estimates but it hauls ass.

Aeromotive 340, stock lines, fuel lab filter, stock rail and 1650's on E85. Works wonderful for me. 36 lbs on a HX40. No dyno. Link estimates show 614/485. Those are just estimates but it hauls ass.

So when I did my dyno... 25PSI is all I could get out of my setup, before fuel started falling off (VE table started compensating) so we stopped there. I was under the impression that AEM (AEM 320 in particular) was one of the more "accurately advertised" fuel pumps. I am having a difficult time believing that jumping up 20lph to a 340lph (+6%) would be enough to comfortably achieve 15% more power.

Aeromotive states:
WARNING: If you plan to run E85 fuel you must be prepared to install proper filtration, and maintain it as frequently as every 10 run-hours. If not, Aeromotive does NOT recommend you the use of E85 with the 340 Stealth Fuel Pump.

So my question to you is how long have you been running your configuration? What is your base fuel pressure?

I am still leaning towards that damn expensive MagnaFuel 4303, for both piece of mind, and room, should the power bug take its grip on me yet again. Additionally, I might as well spring for the 2150cc since all those those big injectors seem to cost about the same, 2150's having the greatest resale desire (and thus holding price/value better?)

I am starting to wonder if ~$1000+ is worth the extra 80 horses :aha: :cry:

Perhaps ~$700, If I can factor the sale value of the parts it would replace... AEM340 and FIC 1250cc...

I run the jay 340 pump, which AFAIK is the same as the aeromotive 340. In a different thread a math formula was posted to calculate estimated lb/s min airflow, and my numbers where extremely high, compared to links estimate. And it was noted that my injector duty cycle was likely inflated due to the pump not keeping up with demand. What duty cylce do you see with your setup?

I had to upgrade to bigger injectors, from 1120's to 1650's. With the 1120's I ran out of injector on E and was seeing 90 to clear up to 109 IDC's. When I thru in the 1650's I now am seeing only 88.1% @ 8250. It definately picked up and the pump has been in for at least a year on E the whole time so I will be the test dummy :) Base fuel pressure has been 43.5. Maybe I'm lucky or maybe it works. It sure is fun but I would do the 2150's ANYDAY as the 1650's are a bit finicky to tune. WOT they work fine, mid-throttle I''m still working on. You're right on resale and your not going to run out of fuel unless it IS your pump.

Last edited:
I was on 34 lbs of boost also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back