The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2.3L Stroker FP DSM82 E85 Dyno results....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecialtyAuto

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 27, 2010
Green Bay, Wisconsin
So got my car tuned at Beyond Redline Performance on a AWD dynojet in Green Bay today. So far, in the middle of tuning as I write this, the car makes 563awhp@32lbs of boost on E85. Going to try for 40lbs! Dyno sheets will come shortly, along with before and after comparisons of old set up.

Updated #'s -616awhp/658awtq@39lbs
Was still breaking up at high rpm because of a valve floating from stock valve springs, so supertech dual valve springs are going in, plus adjustable cam gears. Will keep you guys posted on final #'s in a few days.

Mod list is:

Built 2.3L-Eagle Rods, Wiseco Pistons, ACL bearings
5 angle valve job
Comp101200 cams
3g lifters
Supertech Dual Valve springs
Fidanza adjustable cam gears
Gates timing belt
Mitsu MLS
ARP head studs
ARP main studs
Beyond Redline coil on plug ignition set up
Beyond Redline intake manifold
FP DSM82 dbb turbo with tial mvr 44mm wg and FP recirc 02 housing
FP log style manifold
DSM link v3 with speed density
Precision black fmic with 3" piping
FP 4" intake with K&N filter
Full 3" stainless exhaust
Shep Stage 3 Trans
ACT 3200 Clutch with kevlar/ceramic disc
Fidanza flywheel
Vr4 front brake calipers
Dual walbaro 255 fuel pumps
Bosch 044 inline fuel pump
1600cc injectors
-8 fuel line
Aeromotive FPR

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

OLD set up versus new :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWJ6e_Gt91Q

Last edited:
Stock cams ?

I think so. He mentions stock heads with only a valve job, but I could be wrong.

Congrats on the numbers. I am hoping for similar results cause my build will be similar to yours. How is the turbo? Spool quick? Good airflow? I was lookin into the 82 or 86. Not sure which one yet, but I know it's one of those two.

Comp101200 cams.

Full boost by 4200rpm. I have a powerband from 4200ish to 8k...40psi dyno pulls are coming within the hour. I'll keep you guys updated. Tuner went home early yesterday.

DSM82 is an amazing turbo. I'm sure I'll see 600awhp today. You cant ask for anymore with a powerband as large as I'm getting.

Video and dyno sheets are coming shortly. I'm waiting for the final pulls to happen so I can gather all the sheets together from the tuner at once.

That's pretty good. I am also going to take mine to 8k. How does she feel up that high? I am excited and define toy following this. I hope to come close to your numbers once I grab that turbo. Still debating on if I should go 82 or 86. Lol can't wait to see the videos. Good job!

That's pretty good. I am also going to take mine to 8k. How does she feel up that high? I am excited and define toy following this. I hope to come close to your numbers once I grab that turbo. Still debating on if I should go 82 or 86. Lol can't wait to see the videos. Good job!

Thanks! I feel the 86 would of been a little too laggy for my liking. My goal was 600awhp, so I wanted the fastest spooling turbo to get me there.

Havn't driven the car yet as it's still on the dyno. But power doesn't drop off up top at all from dyno graph.

Thanks! I feel the 86 would of been a little too laggy for my liking. My goal was 600awhp, so I wanted the fastest spooling turbo to get me there.

Havn't driven the car yet as it's still on the dyno. But power doesn't drop off up top at all from dyno graph.

Even with the 2.3 behind it? Idk so far with your results is at were I want to be so I may even just do the 82. Let me know some street manners of it too. Cause mine will be dd and 1320 track duty

UPDATE....37lb pull, clutch just slipped. Didn't know there was a STREET disc in this car when I bought it with the 2900. I'll be installing a 2900 6 puck ceramic disc today and will be back on the dyno tomorrow with a clutch that HOLDS. :)

UPDATE....37lb pull, clutch just slipped. Didn't know there was a STREET disc in this car when I bought it with the 2900. I'll be installing a 2900 6 puck ceramic disc today and will be back on the dyno tomorrow with a clutch that HOLDS. :)

Sorry, I forgot to tell you it was a street disc. It has Fidanza Flywheel (I replaced the surface disc on when I did the ACT 2900. Did you ever find a 4 bolt rear end? Are those injectors going to be enough?

You are making me miss my old car. Glad to see your taking it this far.

Sorry, I forgot to tell you it was a street disc. It has Fidanza Flywheel (I replaced the surface disc on when I did the ACT 2900. Did you ever find a 4 bolt rear end? Are those injectors going to be enough?

You are making me miss my old car. Glad to see your taking it this far.

Yeah...this whole time I thought a 6 puck was in there haha.....Didn't find a 4 bolt rear end yet but we'll see how the 3 bolt holds up first. No fuel problems, injectors are working fine :)

The car was DEFINITELY on its way to 600+awhp with that 37lb pull before the clutch slipped. Damnit...

Man, that turbo is sexy!! I am going to ahve to spring for it now, I wonder what kind of packages they can get on it, like with the intake and o2 housing. MMMMMM I am drooling! any videos yet man?

So #'s are finally here! 610awhp/600awtq @35lbs E85!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had a little ignition break up up top since we did these pulls on the stock coil pack and wires.

We're wiring up the coil on plug set up so its going back on the dyno tonight to see if we can get even higher #'s :)

I'll get the graphs up by tonight, promise, just in the middle of tuning right now

Torque Monster!!! Can't wait to see the power band. Good Job!!

Nice job! I am super excited now to get that turbo set up. Still seeing full boost at 4200? Don't forget videos!!!!!! I wanna see it in action!

The crank was undercut .010" when I took it to the machine shop (rod bearings) . At that power level is the strength of the crank a concern?

Also the pictures you have in the first post have cop setup. When I had the car I was thinking about getting an dynatek arc 2 since alot of DSMLink guys were running those.

Did you break in the clutch at all?

Is Luke doing the tuning?

Bought this sane turbo way back in december and have yet to put it on:( High school an work take up too much time! Cant wait after seeing this thread! Although, stock block for me:)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back