The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Forced Performance exhaust manifold blanket off ebay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was looking into one of these myself for my fp mani a while back. There any way we can see more installed pics? :) any one chime in with pics... It's either this, or im going to make a heat shield outta sheet metal. seen a member on here that did his own and It was awesome. (silver 2gb gsx, from Wi)

I'll try and find some more installed pics. I just had a laptop crash with lots of pics on it so it might be a bit before I can load them up.

I received mine a couple weeks ago with the stainless wire ties, no complaints at all! I appreciate the customer service and could not be happier with the $108 I spent on the blanket! I really appreciate you supporting our platform!

:hellyeah: Glad to be here.
Does this thing fit on easy without having to remove the manifold?

Is the black version material black or is it painted?

You don't have to remove the manifold or the turbo to install the blanket. The color is just VHT Flameproof coating.

It honestly outperformed all the dyed fabrics I tested initially. They don't typically fade or discolor and you can touch them up if needed without having to ship it back.
With the blanket never getting too hot to touch with your hand, the temperature never comes close to what the coating is rated for.

I just got mine in the mail today. Looks like a very quality piece. I am looking forward to getting it installed on the car soon. Levi was a pleasure to do business with and If i ever need another one I won't hesitate to give him a call. You shouldn't either.

I'm gonna have to pick one of these up myself. Like it better than wrap, and will cover my ugly ass evo III manifold. Nice find. Any idea on the lifespan on these blankets?

You are aware this blanket was deigned for the FP mani, not the stock/evoIII mani?

It will likely fit but fitment won't be the best as the mani's are different shapes (stockers are basically flat where as the FP is not).

You are aware this blanket was deigned for the FP mani, not the stock/evoIII mani?

It will likely fit but fitment won't be the best as the mani's are different shapes (stockers are basically flat where as the FP is not).

Yea I figured it would work the same, if its fabric it would probably contour to the stock. Not going to buy one just to find out it wont work though LOL, but I found one for the stock/evoIII for 120.

Yea I figured it would work the same, if its fabric it would probably contour to the stock. Not going to buy one just to find out it wont work though LOL, but I found one for the stock/evoIII for 120.

I've had several customers use them for stock manifolds without issue. While they are shaped slightly different, the blanket still fits and performs well. It just doesn't fit as tightly to the stock manifold which doesn't create any issues.

He can make special order ones. I got one from Levi for my Turbonetics T3 mani with the hole cut for the WG off #1 runner. Fit great, and didn't cost much more!

Glad to hear it, hopefully the blanket is performing above what you expected too.

That was my question, if he could make a blanket with a waste gate provision off the mani

Yes, I can make custom blankets for just about any turbo/manifold with a few measurements/pictures to illustrate what is needed. It does take a little more effort and communication from the customer to provide more information about the setup, but we've had a really good success rate on making the blankets fit right the first time.

I also don't typically charge more for the extra time involved getting info for a custom blanket. It's mainly material based pricing. More material, higher cost. If there is ever a need for a blanket I don't carry feel free to call/e-mail and I'm sure I can make something to work.

very nice looks like ill have to buy on up as well we just wrapped my buddies tubular and that made a Big difference in his under hood temps so this should really help me out.

I'm sold, I will have to order one in the next day or two. The only question is...I have a EGT probe installed in the #1 cylinder runner near the head. Drilled and tapped on the flat pad that each runner has. Would I just cut a notch for it ? I am already running a PTP turbo blanket on a FP HTA DSM76 turbo.

Last edited:
Any chance this will fit a HAFE 2G exhaust manifold or will I require a custom made one?

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/parts/b/hafe_cast_manifold2.jpg

Judging from your picture it looks like the manifold blanket will fit. It will also fit stock and turbonetics manifolds. If you're concerned you can call or shoot me an e-mail and I can adjust the blanket size based off a couple measurements to fit your manifold if needed.

I'm sold. Just ordered one.

Thanks! Your blanket will ship out Monday Erik. Waiting on some delayed some materials. Feel free to call with any questions.

I had a good laugh at the instructions part LOL

:D You'd be amazed at some of the calls and questions I've gotten in the past. The instructions have been continually revamped to try and answer some of the not so "complex" questions rather than fielding calls.

I'm sold, I will have to order one in the next day or two. The only question is...I have a EGT probe installed in the #1 cylinder runner near the head. Drilled and tapped on the flat pad that each runner has. Would I just cut a notch for it ? I am already running a PTP turbo blanket on a FP HTA DSM76 turbo.

Pull the probe, install the blanket, cut a small slit in the blanket and re-install the probe through the blanket. It'll fray a small amount but nothing to affect blanket integrity. Quite a few customer will put a dab of high temp RTV around the slit to "finish" the look and stop any small frays.

Are the install instructions online? They sound hilarious. I assume the stock heat shield has to come off, right? If so I'm going to start spraying the bolts with PB Blaster now. I don't think they've been touched in 23 years.

Just out of curiousity Will you offer these in the larva/titanium option in the future? I am thinking of picking up a FP manifold And this lava would be nice and slightly better.

Would that come under custom? If so what would the cost be for it

Thanks bobby

Just out of curiousity Will you offer these in the larva/titanium option in the future? I am thinking of picking up a FP manifold And this lava would be nice and slightly better.

Would that come under custom? If so what would the cost be for it

Thanks bobby

I strongly doubt it. The lava/titanium cloth seems to be only DEI has. Unless something changes. It won't become an option.

Thanks Levi,

I just placed the oder for one. I will install as you mentioned....remove the EGT probe and then cut a slit and reinstall it trough the blanket. I will put a healthy bead of high temp RTV around the cut to stop fraying.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back