The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Flyer's 4g63 powered '74 celica

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Very nice! I noticed the prices on these coming down recently. How do you like it? Any modification plans?

Very nice! I noticed the prices on these coming down recently. How do you like it? Any modification plans?

Technically I got mine for a steal! I work at a Lexus dealership, the car needed some work (it was a trade in and I did the inspection) and they were going to wholesale it. I picked it up for 8,500. 94k miles. 6speed. Etc etc.

As of right now I'm paying off the rest that I owe. But I do have plans for it in the future :)

Technically I got mine for a steal! I work at a Lexus dealership, the car needed some work (it was a trade in and I did the inspection) and they were going to wholesale it. I picked it up for 8,500. 94k miles. 6speed. Etc etc.

As of right now I'm paying off the rest that I owe. But I do have plans for it in the future :)

Awesome! :thumb:

My friend had one of those in auto but he sold it and got an '07 6 speed for $3,400 (he buys crashed cars, fixes them and sells them) but they are nice cars :rocks:. Yours is very clean :cool:

Okay so here's the deal. The car is inactively for sale. I will still be working on it and such when I can. But due to medical reason, relocating, and various other concerns. I have decided I will part with it. For a specific dollar amount she's yours. Obviously needs work. Willing to bet no one will pay what I want for it. But, given that someone does want to pay $5,500 as is. They can tow her away and finish.

If nothing happens I'll still try to hold on to it and finish piece by piece.

803-404-1958 $5,500 firm.

I am parting out the engine parts. Shell must go as a whole. Contact me if you are interested in anything.

803-404-1958

Me too. I'm not out of the game though. One day I'll be building another crazy project. But I've had some things come up and a build is not needed right now. A "mod" project sure. Like my z LOL. But a full on custom build is just too much with all I have going on. :/

Wow! A lot has been going on friends. I actually had sold the car due to some financial hardships that were unexpected. However, I have found my car the exact one! I am supposed to be going to get it back in just a few weeks. The car has been through a couple of hands since I had it, and remarkably it is almost exactly how I sold it. I will be continuing with the 4g63 build as the current owner has a 6bolt sitting in it now! Not the same one I had but still a 4g63. I'll have a little ground to make up. But I am in a much better place now ad have my own garage etc etc. Now to really buckle down on it!

I think it is wild that I was able to find it! You guys don't know how happy I am. Lol. This is the car that I can't believe I sold, even if it sits in my garage for 5 years. I will be so happy I have it back.

The plan is to go this Saturday to get it. Just need to borrow dad's truck LOL. And rent a uhaul trailer cause no one around me has one

What is really crazy, is it is practically 3 years to the day since the first time I bought it. Feb 25th 2012 was the day I got it LOL. It will be nice to pretty much pick up where I left off. There isn't some parts, like intake manifold and such, but the engine is complete with timing and all unlike mine was. Nor is there a transmission. Still haven't decided what route to go with that. I would love to do a T56, but $2,500.00 for a trans, then $500 for a bell housing is a bit high for my likings.

Starting off I will be working on the body and interior and slowly moving to get it running and driving. There wasn't much rust on it to begin with, but I want to go ahead and take car of any of that.
I will be converting the front end to AE86 with Big brakes, coilovers, etc etc. The rear however I am eventually going to go IRS. Not sure which platform I will use. I need some more measurements once I get the car to my house. I am thinking MKIII Supra rear end/subframe.
I am sticking with the 4g63 engine, looking for a w58 trans that someone isn't asking an insane amount for.
Interior will be updated drastically.

But my main goal now is to get the body all taken care of, then get the car drivable and make changes as I go. Like the IRS and interior updates.

Also, I was just recently promoted at work. I didn't realize this until about 4 seconds ago......

I am a Subaru Service Manager.... WITH A DSM(partly) posting on a DSM forum LOL

#traitor

awesome, I'd love to be around subies all day!
Lots of car's came with W58's, in fact I believe Toyota's still making the W58. RWD celica's are W58's, all n/t supra's are w58's, Cressida's, IS300's and SC300's.
Why you wanna swap a AE86 front end on it??

Last edited:
awesome, I'd love to be around subies all day!
Lots of car's came with W58's, in fact I believe Toyota's still making the W58. RWD celica's are W58's, all n/t supra's are w58's, Cressida's, IS300's and SC300's.
Why you wanna swap a AE86 front end on it??

The w58 is everywhere. The problem is people Think they are worth a grand or more LOL.

As far as the AE86, unfortunately the Celica has extremely limited aftermarket parts. Like coilovers and big brake upgrades and all. The AE86 does have all of that, and nearly bolts in place. This way I can get coilovers, big brake kits, performance and lighter weight control arms. Etc etc. It works really well with this car.

aaaah I got you. I have the same problem with my mk2 supra. LOL

The W58 problem sounds like S series for us out here, people want like 4-5k for a rusted out gutted S-series shell its crazy. Your best bet would be the wrecker's in my opinion, W58's are actually pretty tough tranny's. I got 2 sitting in my garage right now, if shipping wouldn't be killer I'd ship one out to you hahaha

aaaah I got you. I have the same problem with my mk2 supra. LOL

The W58 problem sounds like S series for us out here, people want like 4-5k for a rusted out gutted S-series shell its crazy. Your best bet would be the wrecker's in my opinion, W58's are actually pretty tough tranny's. I got 2 sitting in my garage right now, if shipping wouldn't be killer I'd ship one out to you hahaha

Hahaha, yeah shipping might be a bit much. But the W58 is definitely a great option for this build. It is pretty common with other builds guys are doing on these. I'll wait until one shows up. I see MK3's part out pretty often, also occasionally at a junk yard near me. One will show up before long I'm sure. (but if anyone wants to make a donation, I wouldn't say no ;) )

I have the gauges lined up and all. Most everything will be labor for now, then slowly getting the money for my expensive taste in parts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back