The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

4g63 powered ’92 Vert 240sx (aka 4g240 Vert)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noooooo- i found a mighty max at the junker, it still has the block and tranny in it,
and 240 shells are common enough. what rear diff would one use to accomplish this rwd task the 240 one ? or mighty one?

And WHY !!!!!!!! i wanted to see this thing in action. and not to mention kicking other 240's around.

Unfortunately I had to sale the project. I had everything to start making the swap.

Engine was ready to go to the machine shop to be freshened up, heads was getting some bowl work done. Already had the compound turbo worked out and a ecu with link installed.

Had 1000cc injectors, you name it, it was ready to go in.
My job position was terminated due to downsizing. I ended up taking a big financial hit. I have a family so garage toys had to be sold to make ends meet.

It's just one of those things in life you have to deal with.

Just use the 240 diff. Was going to use a locking diff.

Just have to get a drive shaft fabricated by a driveshaft shop. The front of the shaft will have the yoke of what ever transmission your using. The rear will have the yoke that matches the 240 diff.

I still have the mighty max transmission I need to sale.

I'm sure I will start another build some day. I doubt it will be anytime soon with 3 boys in school. Was really looking forward to the compound turbo in a 240. The 240 guys was wanting to see it as well.

There is a KA turbo but he's only on 7 pounds. When I told him my plan was 20 psi on e85 he couldn't believe it.

Sucks to hear about your job but at lest you have your priorities straight. I've noticed most other people from other turbo platforms are blown away with how much boost our dsms run most call bs on anything over 30psi. You sell the 240 shell already?

I would be considered the older generation compared to most of the guys here. Family is always first, I will rebound but it may take a few years. Im trying to get my foot in the door with a electric company at a power plant. Eventually I want to grab one of the chemist jobs there but they are rare. People just dont leave those jobs.

I had to, sold the shell and everything I had for the swap. Uncut wire harnes, ecu with link, block, heads, rods, pistons, cams, everything. Only thing I have left is the transmision.

Thanks for updating, Iam in the process of a swap as well (different chassis but similar) and just wanted to check in on this one because I saw JG63 also put his up for sale.

Family 1st always,

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back