The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

first log tell me what ypu think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97ebaygst

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2009
thomasville, North_Carolina
this is my first good log. I've recently been having fuel cut problems and just installed an evo 9 fuel pump and that fixed it so i wanted to see what everyone thinks. I don't have a wideband install so the rear o2 is nothing, it's not even hooked up. I am waiting to get my o2 bung welded on. any other suggestions on what I should log?

Attachments

• EvoScanDataLog_2010.06.14_16.57.30.csv
    30.2 KB · Views: 91
Your IDC's are out the roof and you only took it to 6k from what I can tell... Your stock injectors can't keep up with the increased airflow of that 16g and it clearly shows in your log, you will see fuel cut taking it a few RPM over 6k because your injectors are maxed.

I'm a dsmlink'er but you should add "knock" to your log if you can. How much boost are you running?

:dsm:

I'm running 15-16 psi and knock is on there . is there anything else i should log?

Gofer got it right the first time. You're not logging some important things. No wideband, no knock, no boost levels. Without those we cant give you a clear answer.

But as gofer said, you need to get bigger injectors. Youll kill your motor getting that close to 100 IDC.

which ones do i check for the knock and boost levels? i have knocksum on there, is that not the right one? i didn't think it would record boost levels correctly.

he did log knocksum, it was just 0 across the range. I think the timing curve looks good, nice smooth to peak...you could most likely get to 17 or 18 degrees at max since you arern't seeing knock at all

also the o2 looks a little rich from 4000rpm+ but you need a wideband to see what your AFR is.

Things I like to look at when I log

TPS RPM Load1Byte TimingAdv O2Sensor InjDutyCycle KnockSum AFRMAP

you can move the items up or down in evoscan using ctrl+U or D and arrange them in the order you want and move the unlogged stuff to the bottom...it will show up that way in your log file too

You definitly need to log load, AFRmap, and IDCs what injectors are you using and boost level.

I've recently heard about load byte 1 and 2. What are they? Its really hard trying to figure out evoscan being that's there's not one clear way to do anything. Thanks for confirming about the knock I didn't know if I clicked the right box plus if I did it scared me the it didn't have any knock because all other logs I see have atleast a little. Is it normal not to have any like that?
I'm running about 15 psi spiking 17, stock injectors, I haven't been able to turn my boost down because my wg actuators nipple is in a weird position making the boost controllers tube crimp but I fixed it. I got my wideband in but my car is out of commission right now so no new logs till it gets fixed.
Oh and the rich might be that I'm running an evo 9 fuel pump but we will see for sure when I get the car running and logging with my wb.

ah i actually you aren't rich...at all but probably around 10.5 to 11.5afr its hard to tell just using the stock o2 sensor thats why you need a wideband to set your afr. I'm running a 11 afr tappering to 10.1 at redline and my stock o2 readings are about 0.97V its a really bad metric to measure afr.

load only goes to 160 and load1byte and to go above 160. So you need it to change your afr cells and timing correctly.

I'd get new injectors your playing with fire with those high IDCs. get some 650's they should be good into and above 20 psi. Then you'll be back at 10 afr once you get the injectors dialed in (size/deadtime).

load only goes to 160 and load1byte and to go above 160. So you need it to change your afr cells and timing correctly.
so i would need it when i start tuning?

I'd get new injectors your playing with fire with those high IDCs. get some 650's they should be good into and above 20 psi. Then you'll be back at 10 afr once you get the injectors dialed in (size/deadtime).
I'll try to during tax time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back