The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Evo Wheels Rims [Merged 5-9] wheel wheels rim

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For the Evo 8 wheels, what is the center cap diameter? I do not have them and would like to get a set. I would measure myself but don't have the wheels anywhere local to me.

here are my black evo 8's on my 1999 spyder GsT:thumb:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

2 questions. Can you run a 235 without rubbing in the front or rear with teh wheel at full lock?

How much can i lower my car(99 GS-t) with the 235's without rubbing or needed to pull/roll the fenders?

any input on running the 235's and dropping the car without rubbing in the front or rear on a 2gb?

Im running H&R race springs witch lower it around 2 inches and dont rub . And its a 1999 spyder gst

any input on running the 235's and dropping the car without rubbing in the front or rear on a 2gb?
i know this is for 17", just for info, i ran 18 with 235/40 still no rubs. so you're good.

2 questions. Can you run a 235 without rubbing in the front or rear with teh wheel at full lock?

How much can i lower my car(99 GS-t) with the 235's without rubbing or needed to pull/roll the fenders?

This has been well covered before, but I'll go ahead and repeat myself here too.

A set of 17x8" +38et wheels (stock Evo 8) with 235/45R17s will not rub on the inside edge with 2Gb rear knuckles. They don't rub at all in front of the car no matter how you turn the steering wheel. But in the rear of the car, depending on the tire you use, on hard suspension compression they will rub about 10-15mm of the outer edge of the tread on the rear on the fender flange just inside the rear wheel wells. This also depends on how/where you drive, how stiff your rear suspension is and how much you lower the car. Coilovers are strongly recommended.

Keep in mind that the height (diameter) of the tire affects the clearance also. If you run a 235/40/17 or even go up to an identically offset 18" wheel with 235/35/18, you will obviously have more clearance since they're both a little less than an inch smaller in diameter.

The simple solution is to have the inner fender rolled, I can verify that a wood baseball bat works in a pinch, if you don't want to spend the extra cash to rent one of these:

I'm dieing to run some meaty 255/40/17 on my Evo wheels.

what would one need to run 255/40/17?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back