The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo Wheels Rims [Merged 5-9] wheel wheels rim

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wilsonman02

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 11, 2002
Pa
I'm looking to get some Evo Vll wheels for my 1G. Anyone have them or have pics of them. Just want to know what people thought of them, i think they'd look good.

I'm about to buy a set of 17" wheels from an EVO VI, and I would appreciate some help.
The rims have 38 offset and 225/45/17 rubbers on them. Will they fit my 1G GST with an inch drop??

I was wondering if the wheels on the Evo 8 will fit on a 1G DSM? I can get some but I don't know if they'll fit, I've heard they're too wide to fit on the car. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

:dsm:

It definitely helps, thank you very much, maybe I'll get to be the first DSMer to put Evo 8 wheels on a 1G. Thanks alot man.

evo wheels are enkeis RS-6 with a mistubishi center cap...its cheaper just to buy the rs-6 i seen them run for a set of 17's with tires for 880 on the internet shipped to your door and buy the caps from mistu....

while we are on the subject, i kinda like the EVO VII wheels. i saw a set kinda like those on a black 1g in the gallery a while back. does anyone know what brand etc.... they are?

they are not rs-6's. my friend has an evo, and my other friend has a prelude with rs-6's on it, they are totally differen't. And plus it seems most enkei's are usually 17x7, and the evos are 17x8. also the evo wheels have bigger holes for the lugnuts, me and 2 other friends have enkeis, and the holes for the lugs are pretty tyte, and so when we take out our lugs, sumtimes we nick the rims leavin little scratches which is really annoying. anyway, ya they are NOT rs-6 rims

I'm not particularly smart with wheels... I don't even understand how 16's are actually 17" across, call me dumb, but I measured a 16" wheel from very angle, and couldn't find 16 inches anywhere, maybe they just round. But what is offset? I hear the evo 8 offset wont fit on my car can anyone tell me what the offset should be for a 1g, the offset for the evo 8, and what offset is? thanks for your guys help.

Don't know about the offset but if you do pick them up and they are the right offset you can find spacers to use if they are too wide. Many turbo FWD DSM's run the 3rd generation RX-7 wheels and use spacers. The RX-7 wheels are 16x8.

Jake

Does anyone have pics of the Evo 8 wheels on a 2G Eclipse? If possible on the Emerald Green color, I want to get an idea of how they look before I buy them. Do they look good or no?

Thanks,
Chris

i was thinking of getting them myself, and i think they would look good for sure. but i changed my mind on the color scheme and decided to go with all black. i definately get a pic of them and photo shop them onto your car if i was you tho.

anyone know how much do the stock 2003-2004 evo 8 wheels weight? :confused:

Yeah, I was thinking bout puttin them on my car, what you guys think?

Too heavy for what they will end up costing you.
now if they were free or sub 400 for the set, I'd say go for it, still 5 lbs lighter than a 97 GSX rim.

You can find 17-19 lb rims all day for 500-800 a set.

Hi, I looked around and didn't see any info on Evo 8 wheels fitting 2g cars and was wondering if someone could tell me?
Thanks

Same lug spacing, +35mm offset. Should fit.

Fits 1G, why wouldn't it fit 2G? shouldn't be a problem.

Request photochops in the photochop forum

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back