The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Evo Wheels Rims [Merged 5-9] wheel wheels rim

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've sean 1gs with the Evo 8 Enkeis. I have been told of clearance issues relating to the rear trailing arm, and front frame rubbing. I see conversations, but I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of where it would rub, and what can be done to keep the tires from rubbing. A friend of mine's DSM has rubbing in the front, but I am thinking that is due to needing shocks and not typical wear.

1992 Eclipse GSX Evo 8 Enkei Wheels with 235/45R17 tires.

I've had Evo 8 wheels with 235/45-17's on my 94 tsi for years now and have never had any problems with rubbing. No rubbing when I was on the stock suspension, and no rubbing now with the JIC's. You should be ok.

Attachments

• IMG_0157-a.jpg
    IMG_0157-a.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 623
I had no issues at all with front frame rubbing with my 1g/evo combo. My issues on rubbing were front fenders (needed new shocks) and that was about it. The rear trailing arm was very close but as you've probably read a dozen other places a little grinding can take care of that.

I chose to run 245/40 Kumho SPT tires on mine and had to slightly flare the front fenders to prevent rubbing. I was also running 450# front 350# rear springs so my suspension wasn't moving a whole lot. Your mileage may vary. The 235 should help with the rubbing issues I had.

In the rear there's only a finger's (or less) clearance between the wheel/tire and rear trailing arm.

Front's are totally fine, unless your car is super low. Mine rubs on the fenders on bigger bumps, but eh it looks coolROFL

Well, I got the wheels and tires anyways. Tire wear on the tires is a little funny, but it should be fine.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Looks good from this angle.

And this angle too. :D

No help?? Well the wheels are in perfect condition didnt want to mess them up.. Will keep them the original color for now..

:D

are those tires the star spec 245/45/17? if so how do they fit and can you take more pics? thanks. I have a set of bbs off of the evo9mr se and want to know how they star specs fit I want 245/45 but if they are a problem I could go 235/45/ or 245/40 just want to see how well they fit on the car.
thanks again

I was thinking today, and the guy said the tires were off of a mustang, so I checked the depth of the tread. There is a bit of difference between what I assume were the rears, and what i guess is the front. Not an extreme difference, like from bald to new, but like a few mm difference.

I know different tire sizes eat differentials and such, and I need to get new tires ASAP, but I'm curious if I'm good for short term.

What kind of nut puts evo enkies on a stang?

I think he was just talking about the tires. The numbers don't seem to add up though. I don't know any stang guy that would run 235's all the way around. Depending on the stang set-up its normally 275 or wider in rear and 245 or so in front. But you are right about the guy being a nut. Because I also don't know who would rather run Evo Enkies over SVT wheels on a mustang! LOL

Either way man the wheels look good and I hope they work out for you! :thumb:

Considering this is California, and the guy I got them off of was driving a tow truck, I dunno. It's possible he got them off of two different mustangs, or some one with a V6 just needed to get some decent tires. Who knows.

All I know is they have different tread depth.
My speedo actually reads closer to my real speed again.
Looks good.

Considering this is California, and the guy I got them off of was driving a tow truck, I dunno. It's possible he got them off of two different mustangs, or some one with a V6 just needed to get some decent tires. Who knows.

All I know is they have different tread depth.
My speedo actually reads closer to my real speed again.
Looks good.

They do look good, and the worst case scenerio is that you have to buy new tires. But for now just show em off and eat up the attention :D

here are my talon with evo 8 wheels, I have tokico spring and shocks illumina set, I have to do roller fender on the back.

how low she are:

im about to blow this shit up

No one better say to lower it, I hear enough of that. :(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back