1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

420A Engine install, where do these plug into?

Posted by E-CLIPS97, Jul 14, 2016

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. E-CLIPS97

E-CLIPS97 Proven Member

Joined Jan 8, 2003
    Eagle mountain, Utah
    Hi!

Just about about to wrap up an engine install but I cant for the life of me find where these lines/plugs go. Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Attached Files:

250  0

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. barza21

barza21 Proven Member

Joined Oct 11, 2006
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    The connector in the first pic goes to the reverse switch on the top of your transmission (kinda under the battery tray). The second and third pics I don't know ( sorry). The last one I believe goes to your intake to firewall (grounding point). Sorry I didn't have all the answers, but hope it helps.

3. E-CLIPS97

E-CLIPS97 Proven Member

Joined Jan 8, 2003
    Eagle mountain, Utah
    Okay. I went back out and checked, and If I am looking at the right sensor on the trans, its towards the front. However, I already have one plugged in there. The unknown connector has 2, close together round pin holes, and the sensor on the trans has 2 farther apart flat pins. As for pic 4, so, it connects just to the manifold itself? And then grounds to the firewall?

250  0

manual · 2G DSM
  4. barza21

barza21 Proven Member

Joined Oct 11, 2006
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    The grounding cable goes from the firewall to the intake manifold. I have mine connected to that flat piece that let's you adjust the tension on the throttle cable. The other end goes to a point on the firewall (chassis ground). I am not home, but if you still need help by then, I will look at my car and let you know. Do you have access to the tech manual? I think I might have seen some info in there that could help you.

5. E-CLIPS97

E-CLIPS97 Proven Member

Joined Jan 8, 2003
    Eagle mountain, Utah
    Ok ,cool. And i dont have a tech manual and the diagrams i could find online werent super helpful. If you are able to discover anything, that would be great!

250  0

manual · 2G DSM
  6. E-CLIPS97

E-CLIPS97 Proven Member

Joined Jan 8, 2003
    Eagle mountain, Utah
    Alright, for future reference, if anyone ever needs it, the first pic is of the red trimmed plug goes to the EGR, 2nd plug isnt used, the 3rd pic is a vacuum line that bolts to the frame and routes up passed the cam gears(per a loaner car i looked at), and barza was spot on about the ground wire.

250  0

manual · 2G DSM