The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Eclipse 2Ga door caps - (not Talon 2Ga door caps)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin DuBois

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2019
Oakland, California
I did not realize that the door caps are in fact different. I was happy to find any door caps in the universe on e-bay, and got a nice pair from a Talon, and only now painted and installed do I see that the Talon parts don't flair out as wide as the Eclipse part.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here is the original:

The mixed result is pretty cool, but I am interested to locate the correct part for this body style.

Any thoughts? More e-bay? Any other sources?

@Sirius1995 did me a solid and looked at his 2G stuff, but no luck.

The part at the bottom of the door is year specific, and don't mix and match.

Talon twisty skirt has its own door cap ( about 1" thick )
Eclipse 2Gb has a thin door cap (about 1" thick )
Ecliipse 2Ga has a thick door cap (about 2" thick)
Each model has their own matching side skirts.

So I'm still in the hunt. I put a wanted add up in the classifies as well.

Looking for 2" thick eclipse door caps - any color.

Someone needs to produce these out of carbon fiber, it took me two years to find a replacement passenger side, hunted day and night for one.

Give these a try. I've had good luck with amayama. Expensive but they have parts I couldn't find anywhere else. Never used nengun but seems legit.

This is going to be an issue for 2g guys. Someone should reproduce these with better quantity plastic.

Wonder if using a fishing line to remove the double sided tape and getting the tabs off from the inside would save them?

This is going to be an issue for 2g guys. Someone should reproduce these with better quantity plastic.

Wonder if using a fishing line to remove the double sided tape and getting the tabs off from the inside would save them?
These died in shipping - but yes. The plastic is so brittle, it would be better if these were re-made.

Im searching as well, I may try to restore mine as I have one crack and one broke clean in half and looks ok lined up, but all the clips broke off as well is the issue. I found this but shows a wide year rtange and may be specific to their skirts?

$80 + 150 handing charge is out there though

Im searching as well, I may try to restore mine as I have one crack and one broke clean in half and looks ok lined up, but all the clips broke off as well is the issue. I found this but shows a wide year rtange and may be specific to their skirts?

$80 + 150 handing charge is out there though
Yeah, I think VIS has 1”thick talon door caps, also 97-99 eclipse are 1”. I’ve yet to find aftermarket 2” thick eclipse for 95-96 door caps.
refurbished stock parts is all we can do for now

make a mold and fill it with flex seal LOL, i would have never tried to rem ove these if I knew they would crumble. I am going to wrap them so i may epoxy them and wrap, well see how it goes

They dont really crumble, its almost like the urethane blend had too much hardener in it compared to the 97-99 eclipse pieces.

They crack and the tabs on the back break off immediately. The only way to really ensure they dont brake during removal would be to remove the interior door panels and pop the rivets out from the back side.

My passengers side is still just fine, but the drivers side was installed slightly tilted at the factory

Everyone says just to convert it to the newer style, not gonna happen. Technically this is the rarer body style 🤣

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back