The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Eclipse 1g NT fuel problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lancer_lover

Proven Member
Apr 18, 2017
kristianstad, Europe
Hello again ive changed my fuel filter to a fuellab looking filter and AN 6 adapter to the fuel rail because the oem one had just and tiny hole going into the rail . and An 6 fitting from the rail to the filter and down to the fuel line . But now its acting wierd (DSM LIFE RIGHT) it acting like it has a bad fuel filter and u can her it if u rev it a little im gonna upload a video for u guys .

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

It sounds more like an air leak somewhere in the intake tract, did you have your mass air sensor off or the inlet boot to the throttle body?

Hmm i hears a leak before but its shud be all tight what i know of and yess the mass aur sensor was of to . But everything is on . What is it i shud look for ?

Do you think the filter is bad because this occurred after the install? Is it possible the filter inside the fuel lab canister is installed backwards?
Hmmm i can take a picture to show it .

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, this is for a N/T?

My logic is if you make the hole bigger, you require MORE pressure to flow the same. Otherwise, you leave room for other things BESIDES fuel.... like air.

But first thing is first, wrap some paper towels around the fuel filter area. Run the car, see if the paper is wet. Drive the car, see if the paper is wet.

Then if it's still acting weird, swap it back & run an OEM filter & sell me the aftermarket one haha.

Honestly, I'm still running a stock filter with a fuel feed AN line with a AN -6 fitting ON TOP of the OEM fuel filter.

Its not a bad idea to try switching back to the stock filter for a minute to see if it returns back to normal, maybe that filter wont flow enough fuel for some reason.

Oh, this is for a N/T?

My logic is if you make the hole bigger, you require MORE pressure to flow the same. Otherwise, you leave room for other things BESIDES fuel.... like air.

But first thing is first, wrap some paper towels around the fuel filter area. Run the car, see if the paper is wet. Drive the car, see if the paper is wet.

Then if it's still acting weird, swap it back & run an OEM filter & sell me the aftermarket one haha.

Honestly, I'm still running a stock filter with a fuel feed AN line with a AN -6 fitting ON TOP of the OEM fuel filter.[/QUOTE
U made me happy :D that is the only thing i can think of bigger hole more to flow ;) im gonna put back the oem fuelline hose and try again :D and if id have a spare fuel lab one o u cud have one ;)

Ok so here is a comparision kinda big LOL
And here is the oem one with a AN 6 on the base :)

Okay so now ? It started up perfectly for a second ot two then it just died ? Ive check the battery and it show 14.5 pending to 16 volt and when i try to start it just cranks and cranks until it gets weaker ? Dont know uf the battery is dead or if ot something else that is acting up ?

Attachments

• 20190124_164504.jpg
    20190124_164504.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 1548346399508673236170.jpg
    1548346399508673236170.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 132
14.5 when the car was on or off? 16v sounds too high. Is too high.
Iknow that it the wierd part . I mean can the battery be damage or what ? The highest it got was to 17 volt and the car was running no fuses blown or nothing ..

Iknow that it the wierd part . I mean can the battery be damage or what ? The highest it got was to 17 volt and the car was running no fuses blown or nothing ..
Took the battery of and its on 17 volt now im gonna find a new battery and try .maybe that is why it does t wamt to star and only cranking

Ok so now ? When it started up it sounded really good but like 3 second later it died ?
Started again and same there ? Then it will not start now ive changed the battery but still no start .
I took out the spark plug and indont know really if its good ?.
It got fuel ive checkt but it will not start
Anyone ? Please help :(

Attachments

• 20190127_212300.jpg
    20190127_212300.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 115
Hi,you have problems with the alternative, you gould change the voltage regulator. The same problem i had and me on my 1G

Alternator

Voltage regulator would overcharge the battery causing the acid to boil, I know it happened on my car, had to replace the alternator and the battery, this issue is definitely not that, I would check relays and fuses, specifically for the fuel pump

It’s got to be the filter, just curious why did you change it in the first place?

It’s got to be the filter, just curious why did you change it in the first place?
Because the old oem one the bolts that u screw in was leaking as really bad so i changed the to a new one same problem . And the bought a universal one with a filter u can change insted :)

One thing i notice is that when i turn the key on on and teying to start i dont here 2 klicks on the mpi relay ? My ecu is rebuild when i bought it 2 years ago so its not that :)

Hi,you have problems with the alternative, you gould change the voltage regulator. The same problem i had and me on my 1G
Is it way it domt wamt to start can it have am connection ?

Ok sow now ive changed MPI relay next to the ecu and the coilpack those blackthings and i check the plugs and it looks like i dont have a spark ? Or getting fuel in ?

A bad alternator can certainly bring starting issues. 17 volts is way too high, idc. Should be around 14v when the car is running.

What is that on the spark plug? Oil or fuel? Also looks rusty.
How old are the spark plugs and spark plug wires?
What brand? What gap?
What are you using to gap the spark plugs? Please get feeler gauges, do not use the ramp style gapper.

What standing voltage is on the battery you just pulled? Investing in a volt meter is nice.

Did you unplug anything and forget? A picture of the entire engine bay, and then the area you were working in would help. Remember, we see better than we read, especially if there are errors in your typing :thumb:

Haha thank u im gonna send pictures of where i was working in and the battery i bought had 14.5 volt and when the + and - are on its say 15 volt ? . Im gonna send some pics of it later today :D lets get this eclipse running again

One thing o forgot that i took out the cas cable it was in my way for the fuel line but that shudnt effect it ? and after the start up it ran for 3 sec and died . And i heard relays click behind the dash ? But here is some pictures :)

Attachments

• 20190130_182840.jpg
    20190130_182840.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 20190130_182832.jpg
    20190130_182832.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 20190130_182814.jpg
    20190130_182814.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 119
  • 20190130_182807.jpg
    20190130_182807.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20190128_195745.jpg
    20190128_195745.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 110
I took out the fuel pump and i notice that the filter is very brown OMG and i dont know what those white spots are on the fuel pump
do anyone know what that is ?

Attachments

• 20190220_222158.jpg
    20190220_222158.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 121
  • 20190220_222207.jpg
    20190220_222207.jpg
    524.2 KB · Views: 112
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back