1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G DBW Throttle Body Options

Posted by Atuca, Jan 13, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. Atuca

Atuca Supporting Member

Joined Jan 6, 2007
    Central Valley, California
    Hey guys! I need help!

What are some high boost proven DBW throttle body options? The most popular proven TB I can find is the Bosch 82mm. Does anyone know of 90mm or larger options that work in a boosted application? Some of the LS TBs I found in the 100mm range said max 25 PSI which is concerning.

I am just trying to do some homework instead of leaving everything up to my engine builder. Thanks.

Bosch.jpg

Bosch 2.jpg

940  2

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    600 whp · 500 lb/ft · 2G DSM

2K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Bigger throttle bodies are easier to blow open/not close properly under boost pressure, they need stronger return mechanisms which means a stronger motor/gearbox which is where aftermarket throttle bodies come in.

Drag Race Build 3K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. InsaneGSX

InsaneGSX Probationary Member

Joined Feb 20, 2015
    St. Louis, Missouri
    I saw that TB on the Magnus site. Been wondering how people are wiring this up to work on a DSM. I've done some searching, but so far I've only found some generic bench applications on youtube.
    Anybody have any wiring info or a thread to point me in the right direction?