The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Compound Turbo Setup Holset style

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuning Monday night. Pretty excited.

1012838_10151799101359734_64785970_n.jpg

Great build! Can't wait to see what this thing puts down for times!

I had to pull the converter and send it back to them. They think there is an issue with it as it stalls damn near the same as stock and this is supposed to be the loosest converter they offer. While I have the down time I am sending my injectors out to get a good cleaning and hopefully I will have a week worth of testing on the dyno and the track.

Sounds like you might want to reconsider those Kelford 294's, if the smaller Precision converter is barely stalling higher there's obviously not much torque in that rpm range to multiply. By them making it looser you're going to lose some top end, I've seen it on other Precisions that members said they had made looser.

Sounds like you might want to reconsider those Kelford 294's, if the smaller Precision converter is barely stalling higher there's obviously not much torque in that rpm range to multiply. By them making it looser you're going to lose some top end, I've seen it on other Precisions that members said they had made looser.

We already stuck some Evo 8 Kelford 280's John had in it. It didn't help that much. Even Precision thinks there is something wrong with the converter, so it doesn't necessarily have to be made "more loose" but just "normal" for a Precision converter. We tuned a 1G with a Precision converter and HX40 here last weekend and it worked awesome.

Like Andy said, I installed a set of 280s that I have sitting around for my EVO. When I had it on the dyno the car does not flash up to an rpm. It damn near follows exactly the same RPM path as the stock converter did. Another issue is that I am down about 50hp... There is obviously something wrong.

I sure hope its a converter tweek so this car lays down a number with no NOS....Fingers crossed :thumb:

After a shit ton of work before shootout I got to test the 2.0L. First couple passes were high tens trying to figure out how high I needed the 2 step. My best pass today was a 9.9 at 40psi. It should start picking up some serious power per lb of boost. I might just swap the 294s in there and see I can spool this converter with that cam.

Its not as fun as it used to be. I want a car I can drive everyday, has AC, heat, a stereo, 4 doors, ect. It has been a fun ride. I learned a ton of stuff, built some cool shit, made good power, and went pretty damn fast for a 3000 lb car.

I have an Evo that I have been wanting to build all summer and all the changes and upgrades to the talon took all my time and money and seems like a never ending project. Time to move on.

After seeing a 2009 CTS-V go for sale in the low 20k range and knowing that for another ~13k, a trip to Lingenfelter would have me 620rwhp in the lap of luxury.. I understand completely.

Still, was a cool project to watch come together!

GLWS :)

Its fun building a different car.

1273436_10151958680619734_1773596494_o.jpg

Would rather have seen you do a compound setup on something with 8 cylinders. I hope this project treats you well for a while though.

Lol how about a compound turbocharged 4.6L Mustang? The owner of the shop has the mustang and the turbos. We are developing a turbo kit for that platform now on his daily driven 02 mustang then moving into some 4 digit hp stuff.

On the evo I am going to be using the factory SAS(ALS/secondary air solenoid) stuff and I need to get better with the stock ecu.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back