The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Compound Turbo Setup Holset style

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So you're gonna have the tubular front and rear subframes, right?

I have watched this thread from the first week you had it posted over a year ago, what a trip! :hellyeah::thumb: I almost told the wife I was going to be missing for a couple days just so I could make it to last year's shootout to see your car specifically. If your going this year so am I! Your car makes people see the potential of our auto's, congrats.

I can't imagine that the idle is very good with 294's that crazy for driving around on the street. I would love to see some vids of that car on the street, what a monster! With the cams and engine, along with compound turbo setup you would think that getting up on the converter wouldn't be to hard...
So with the stock converter your not getting any boost off the brake boosting? How long are you holding it?
There are a number of different options for stall converters for our cars which I am sure you know already but maybe just restall the factory one? Billet baby! I have heard all good things about the Sinister, and IPT. Just curious though you really don't want to be launching at mid to high boost because all your going to do is spin??
What a ride, can't wait to see it in person!

I have watched this thread from the first week you had it posted over a year ago, what a trip! :hellyeah::thumb: I almost told the wife I was going to be missing for a couple days just so I could make it to last year's shootout to see your car specifically. If your going this year so am I! Your car makes people see the potential of our auto's, congrats.

I can't imagine that the idle is very good with 294's that crazy for driving around on the street. I would love to see some vids of that car on the street, what a monster! With the cams and engine, along with compound turbo setup you would think that getting up on the converter wouldn't be to hard...
So with the stock converter your not getting any boost off the brake boosting? How long are you holding it?
There are a number of different options for stall converters for our cars which I am sure you know already but maybe just restall the factory one? Billet baby! I have heard all good things about the Sinister, and IPT. Just curious though you really don't want to be launching at mid to high boost because all your going to do is spin??
What a ride, can't wait to see it in person!

Haha thanks man! I will be attending shootout to go after the DSE title. The stock converter just stops the engine at 1700-1800 rpm. Just too much cam to make anything down there to work me into making boost pressure. I will be going with a precision converter.

I will have both of Paul's prototype tubular subframes.

941267_10151699701459734_985915077_n.jpg

Got the FIC vinyl on. Only injector we sell or run in our shop.

I just got my Kiggly one in and got a spot ready for that one as well

972148_10151730482064734_272944770_n.jpg

972196_10151708342149734_1778569126_n.jpg

Well I put my order in today for a billet PI torque converter for my talon. I have to get a converter so the car is better on the street and I have confidence this will make the car even better than it was last year in every aspect.

1011361_10151751062284734_1667380530_n.jpg

I hope the PI conv does the trick, if not, do you have a plan B for cams ? I see Jeff Bush is using those GSC S3Rs...The Rs are suppose to have more low end..
Did you eva get it on the dyno ?

I put it on the dyno after I got it started and made a couple hits but it was breaking up in boost. I let my catch can fill up and it pushed oil into my intake system through the turbos. I am pretty sure the oil was causing the misfires at full pressure. Been driving the car to try to burn the oil out of the exhaust and this week I am going to take the charge pipes/intercooler apart to clean them up. The converter is 2 weeks out so I have some maintenance to do before that shows up.

I got the loosest stall they make(4400). Once the car gets past 3k it lights right up and have plenty of torque to stall the car. I might make small changes to the cam timing but I would hate to have to change the cams to something smaller when I plan to rev this engine out to where these cams will work well.

Well to put testimate towards the street car title I drove the car 120 miles across the state this weekend for my home towns annual cruise. Drove all over the place, went out the the local meets at night, and drove her back home yesterday!. Car ran great. Oil temp, trans temp, and coolant are all under control. I am so stoked to get this converter in. I know its going to be a riot with the engine flashing into the power band instead of starting way under it and rocketing after I hit 4k.

1010032_10151763781339734_1867887388_n.jpg

600458_10151764800944734_379923474_n.jpg

944454_468972023194914_390212807_n.jpg

Finally got my HX52 on Friday. I took compressor measurements and mine was 65mm IND 98mm EXD. with a billet wheel. Info on this turbo a sparse. I've heard of 67mm IND as well

I have the 67mm model. Looking good guys!

The compressor wheel on my HX40 is 66mm. It's the "Devil Pro" that I had made by Turbolab, should put some pretty sick numbers down once I get the new motor squared away!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back