1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Street Build Chaos/Ribbitpoison's Eclipse

Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. ChaoticSolarEclipse

ChaoticSolarEclipse Probationary Member

Joined Dec 17, 2020
    Cidra, Puerto Rico

Street Build 307  2

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. ChaoticSolarEclipse

ChaoticSolarEclipse Probationary Member

Joined Dec 17, 2020
    Cidra, Puerto Rico
    Okay, so I could just say "things are about to get dicey", however, I'm doing this car as part of my own thing. Parents keep telling me to sell my car, because it looks bad, the thing got damaged. I ain't selling it. I was at first, but then I changed my mind. So, I'm now going to work on rebuilding. As an 18 year old with no work, the budget is very strict. So I'm sorting out to other payment methods such as PayPal or small-time work. Because of personal issues, there's a reason why I won't get to work and let alone in my current household.

Anyway, let's get that out of the way...

A couple of months ago, I picked up my very first car (and my first DSM you see with me) for $500. Paint was messed up, the shifting was bad, the brakes were also kinda bad as they were locked (I would say they were OP). You know, the usual. In New Year's Eve, we decided to give it a spin and my uncle broke the transmission (which was due to break anyway). So now, I'm doing a full-on restoration, and a major upgrade when I get to the States.

IMG_20201215_094209_975.jpg 20210215_143731.jpg IMG_20210211_122100_951.png

I recently got myself an idea to paint the bumper brackets last night, in which I did.

I sanded out the front bumper bracket once I removed it. It would be my first time trying to remove the pre-facelift kit from my car in favor for a more modern and stylish post-facelift kit (which looks more aggressive).

20210228_175919.jpg

Here's how it came afterwards:

Before the clear coat (last night)
    20210228_195029.jpg

After the clear coat (just today)
    20210301_172358.jpg

It's safe to say that I managed to get this thing done. While the paint job isn't perfect (there's a side with some paint off because of the zip ties LOLLOL), it sure does look a whole lot better than when I took it off, which was looking like it has surface rust/corrosion.

Today, I also bought some new brake pads as I have new discs, one of them fell off a ledge so I have to use the grinder (LOL), but here is the box of fresh new brake pads!
    IMG-20210301-WA0001.jpeg IMG-20210301-WA0003.jpeg

Right now, this is what I currently have for this car. The interior needs major fixing and restoration. But for now, these parts will do until I gather more and prepare to restore.

I'm also looking for quality bolts for the car that are anti-corrosive but on a budget (max $20) that can work for the engine bay. This is enough progress for me to put in this thread. I hope this comes back together nicely. :)

Thank you to Drew Peacock's Discord server and a bunch of others on my Instagram, Discord, and TikTok for bringing me motivation again and sparking my heart to work on my DSM! <3

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021

Street Build 307  2

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    Itickledsmdrivers likes this.