The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

CeddyMod or DSMLink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for the help. Does he have a how-to done for the other options yet? SO you done have to read throu the hold 11+ page threads on this with randoms questions?

Thanks alot logic for the help. I wished i had a map to play wit on the ECUflash

Should i Download the new tephramod v7? According to the ecuflash screen i have version 1.42 and qt version 4.5

If you're just wanting to download it to take a look, any version is fine, but you might as well look at the most recent release. The main discussion thread on EvoM has all the different variations of that ROM available for downloading.

(8859xxxx is for Evo IX ECUs, 9653xxxx is probably what you want to look at for the VIII ECU; for each, there are both MAF and SD variations available, as well as with and without "live mapping". Don't worry about live mapping if you're just poking around; that's something you can deal with later if you actually pick up an ECU and start using it.)

1.42 is the most recent stable release of EcuFlash, so you're fine there. (There's a beta available, but it doesn't add anything you'd care about for just looking at existing ROMs to see how to tune.)

One last link for you: Merlin's EcuFlash guide. It's somewhat Evo-centric, but most of the information there should apply to both the late DSM and Evo ECUs. Warning, it is LONG, but well worth the read.

that's awesome dude thanks!! i a lot it up. now i just gotta save the money for the cable but at least now i can play with a rom before i get to tuning

sweet man, So being i have a 7bolt but with a 6 bolt head and cas sensor. what do i need to change on the ecuflash?

sweet man, So being i have a 7bolt but with a 6 bolt head and cas sensor. what do i need to change on the ecuflash?

I had a 97-98 GSX ECU in my car when I got it because it had a 99 GSX engine swap. Come to find out the ecu was going bad. Now when I got the car the guy gave me an extra ECU that was for a 95-96 GSX. I tried hooking it up with no luck because of the inverted CAS signal. I was reading a forum and saw that the 95-96 had a different spark plug wire order. I switched them around and she fired right up and I am still using that ECU now. So my guess would be that if you went to the 98-99 ECU then you would have to swap your spark plug wires around or maybe you can set it for an inverted CAS when you flash the ecu I'm not sure about that. I was just reading this thread and just wanted to state that you could switch the wires around with no issues. I didn't see anyone else say anything about it. If I'm wrong please correct me but I have been running my car like this for 2 or 3 months with no issues, but if there is I will start looking for a 98-99 reflashable one I think.

all you need to do is swap the plug wires from one coil to the other. you will be fine after that.

I had a 97-98 GSX ECU in my car when I got it because it had a 99 GSX engine swap. Come to find out the ecu was going bad. Now when I got the car the guy gave me an extra ECU that was for a 95-96 GSX. I tried hooking it up with no luck because of the inverted CAS signal. I was reading a forum and saw that the 95-96 had a different spark plug wire order. I switched them around and she fired right up and I am still using that ECU now. So my guess would be that if you went to the 98-99 ECU then you would have to swap your spark plug wires around or maybe you can set it for an inverted CAS when you flash the ecu I'm not sure about that. I was just reading this thread and just wanted to state that you could switch the wires around with no issues. I didn't see anyone else say anything about it. If I'm wrong please correct me but I have been running my car like this for 2 or 3 months with no issues, but if there is I will start looking for a 98-99 reflashable one I think.

with the 96-97 cars that had the cam sensor under the cam gear you might get some better performance by swapping around your injectors as well. if you are noticing any kind of hesitation or it feels like your car is stuttering (especially up above 3000 rpm) then you will notice an improvement. i had to do this with my car when i did the EVO8 ecu install. pins 1 - 13, 2 - 14

I will def review this back over before the initial start up LOL

Yes, if you think about it, the CAS is rotating in the opposite direction between a 1995/96 Cam Sensor, and the 1G or 1997+ CAS. So, the injector order needs to be reversed, as well as swapping the spark plug wires. As Mike96 has said before, this changes the injector firing order to 2-4-3-1, as best I can tell so far in testing. This seems to give the smoothest idle.

wow thanks for all the info on how to set up ceddymod and ecuflash. :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back