The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Calan Catch Cans

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I soo need one of these Catch Can.
My precious Brad Penn is all over my engine bay.:notgood:

Calan you will contacted soon.

Looks good Corey. Please keep us posted on how it works for you. ;)
Will do. It was a surprise to find it sitting on my doorstep last week, wasn't expecting it and caught me off-guard. I've got an AEM 2BAR sensor headed to my door so, once it gets here, I'll be logging me some crankcase pressure and post the results.

Thanks again for the great piece Craig, I don't know what the DSM community would do for a catch can if you weren't around! :thumb:

:dsm:

will the fitting inside the intake pipe the way is cut affect anything,
just looking at how Paul and i did my and how the one Paul posted above the cut is different.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe whoops =) my question was already answered. Anyway, I would think it'd be a restriction in airflow just cause it seems like the air would be pushing against a surface that would make the air want to flow the exact opposite way of the direction it's trying to go towards.

I would think it'd be a restriction in airflow just cause it seems like the air would be pushing against a surface that would make the air want to flow the exact opposite way of the direction it's trying to go towards.

It would cause a little turbulence, but the restriction to airflow would be tiny. Think about the amount and velocity of air being pulled through that inlet pipe at full boost, compared to the small cross-sectional area (relatively speaking) of the pickup tube. A smaller tube/less protrusion would cut down on turbulence and make your compressor wheel happier, but shouldn't make much difference in airflow.

I think...it's late. :)

I wish I would have waited the week or two to get the updated design :/ looks fantastic!

There is no functional difference in red-devil's can (VS2) and the original dual-inlet can; the only difference is the filters can now be removed. That polish job is all him. :)

Only the VS3 cans are radically different, and designed for a specific purpose.

Sweet! :thumb:

(I love the color of your VC)

There is no functional difference in red-devil's can (VS2) and the original dual-inlet can; the only difference is the filters can now be removed. That polish job is all him. :)

Thanks

I chose the VS2 due to the placement I had in mind as the VS3 might of made it a tight fit for the 90 degree shallow fittings. I do love being able to remove the filters for cleaning and inspection. I have also set up the drain so that the hose sits next to the tranny check plug for easy draining.

Its a great product, even the weld shop that did my intake bung were asking questions about it.

will the fitting inside the intake pipe the way is cut affect anything,
just looking at how Paul and i did my and how the one Paul posted above the cut is different.

If you compare the pictures. The angled cut is reversed. Will it affect the scavenging?

Removable filters would have been sweet but it is working great nonetheless! I haven't drained it yet but I am sure it is catching some blowby oil in it

Here is my setup

Ok so my pc has been down so I couldn't pull the good pictures off my camera. Instead I have a few crappy cell pics for now of my new Calan catch can installed.

I have only drivin it about 50 easy cruizng miles or so since I installed it. There isn't much oil if any in there right now but I have yet to go WOT with it installed. In fact I haven't even gone over 10 psi of boost yet. I will say my dip stick no longer pops out like it used to just under normal driving though. I just recently installed some 1450 blue max injectors and filled the tank win e-85. The car goes in for a tune on Wednesday to push the 16g for all it's worth. I will report back with how the can performs with back to back to back.......(you get the point) pulls.

That car looks familiar!

How is my car doing?

I'm taking care of the shell just like I told you I would. I kinda wish I would have got your engine too but the 2.4 seems to be holding up fine for now. It was stored all winter and I just bought it a garage to spend its time in while not being drivin but that purchase delayed the hx35 install. So I decided to try for as close to 450hp as I can get with the 16g for now. Maybe since I will be up that way to get it tuned I could stop by so you could see it in person again.

So it has been a month and I have probably put ~800 miles on my car with the catch can setup. I am pleased to report that my dipstick has still yet to pop out (I run no pcv) and my 2 small oil leaks have gone away. I used to get a small bit of oil below my return line after letting my car sit in the garage and oil also used to force its way out of my oil cap even with a new seal. Since the instal I haven't found a drop of oil on the floor or my valve cover. My oil also is still as green as it was coming out of the brad penn bottle. I have yet to drain or even see any oil in the CC but that may be due to a healthy engine with less than 15k on it. I also pulled my intake pipe off and am still getting 0 oil residue in it.

Overall I would say it is working just as advertised and I am very happy with the product. The only downside I see is it is a tad on the bulky side but I understand the reason for its size. If I still had my battery and fuse box under my hood I would have had a difficult time finding a place to mount it.

Thanks for making a great product for our community Calan.

To the OP, what method did you use to replace the PVC with the -6 fitting? Did you just tap the VC and thread it in?

Wow, didn't realize there were 5 pages, ha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back