The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Custom oil and coolant catch cans

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSITurbo95

Probationary Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ohio, Ohio
I like my dsm to be custom, and have custom parts in it, so to add to my collection, I decided to make a oil and coolant catch can. Here are pics of both, let me know what you think, both have been leak tested.

Oil Catch Can
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Coolant Catch Can

How did you engineer the baffles inside your oil catch can for maximum effectivness? I'm always intrested in seeing different solutions for condensing the atomized oil vapor in a closed system.

Did you take any pictures of the inside, or is that classified?

I can't give away my secret, but google does work wonders LOL. But each and every manufacturer does it differently, don't know which exactly is the right way, but it does the same concept.

Its a fab forum man, share what you did!

I run a open catchcan, since I don't want vapour getting back into my intake system and lowering my octane rating :p. I have x2 -10's from the valve cover, but I plan to add another x2 over the off season. Can never have enough venting!

True, and inside this one is steel wool with a baffle.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back