The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Calan Catch Cans

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genegoesfast

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2010
Nashville, Tennessee
Check out the new Calan catch can setup. I powder coated the raw aluminum and replaced the pcv system with an in-line 6an check valve. I also fabbed up a bracket for the can out of a piece of aluminum and powder coated it as well. Sorry for the crappy pics.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good! :thumb:

I like it!! One question though, why is your boost controller way up by your intake manifold!!!!?

Mine was there too. It doesn't make a difference if it is there or anywhere else including the cabin to be honest with you.

What exactly is the "Calan" catch can? It looks awesome by the way.

Does the boost controller make any noise? I want to put it in the cabin.

Wow. That has to be my favorite catch can. Where did you get it?

Both designs looks very nice imho.

Looks are deceiving though; the first one is a sealed ventilation setup, and uses specially designed coalescing filters on the can inputs that can remove sub-micron particles and aerosols while actively working to maintain lower crankcase pressures.

The other one is just an empty can with paper filters on top vented to atmosphere... but it is pretty! :)

Calan's catch can is the shit, i had on my old car and now I have it on my current car.

I will not buy any other catch can because its just a waste of money.

Thanks for making an awesome product.

I finally got the nerve to install my catch cans that I purchased from Calan. I'm all about the DIY but have very little experience welding. It was the first time I ever welded anything but flux core. No more popping dipstick! Notice the custom splash guard under the catch cans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back