The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Catch cans that work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calan

DSM Wiseman
Jan 16, 2007
OKC, Oklahoma
After 1000+ miles on my rebuild, my new catch can design seems to be working VERY well. The VC breather can has collected about 3/4 cup of oil, with no trace of oil at all in the intake snorkel (even after swabbing it with a q-tip).

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There is a lot more information on why and how I got here with them on this page.

Although it's still a bit early in the testing, I may build up a few of these. They aren't dirt cheap (due to quality weld bungs, the sight glass, and the filter material), but I could probably let a few go for right around cost plus shipping if anyone wants to help put them through some real-world testing.

If anyone is interested, PM me. Based on how it goes, we'll take it from there and I'll get with Chris on what I need to do here. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Those welds look really good too-I take it you have welding time under your belt? Nice work!

this_tsi_8urV8 - Click that link I posted. I explain the filter I use and why. ;)

mitsuman3000 - ehh... PM me :D

spooln4fun - Well anything is possible for a price :D, but right now I'm really only set up to make them out of the 2.5" square material, since that is what I have available. I can build them in custom lengths though.

greengoblin - I could easily weld two cans together. For something different, the link I posted shows where (and how) I mounted both of mine, although the one I used on the VC side was a different shape due to the fact that I already had an old one I made that I could cannibalize.

Last edited:
Do you have any sitting around? Im ready to buy one right now since I have the car apart to clean things up.

I think I'm getting a little too close to unintentionally breaking some site rules with this thread guys...please PM me for any further details.

Thanks ;)

Please visit this page, and/or email me at [email protected]. Please DO NOT discuss anything about buying these cans in this thread. Thanks.

Last edited:
I am interested in more info than you posted (on either site) about that filter. would you be willing to share with us the make and source for it. I would like to adapt it for use in my current system rather than buy a whole new one.

I can respect that, and I apreciate the honesty.

You should PM me. I would like to keep your email as a contact.

Awesome little unit, it looks really clean.

:thumb:

I've made cylinder shaped catch cans out of stainless, and aluminum for my bike that came out nice. BTW how is the sight glass made? Can you buy them?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back