The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

BW 366 installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was running mine OFH w/BS and no restrictor or filters and it took a crap on me. Oil was pouring out of the compressor cover, turbine thru the down pipe and even reached all the way up to the MAF. Now that it's rebuilt, engine rebuilt and no BS belts, I will be running it off the head with a red FP filter.

Great I feel like I'm totally lost now.:ohdamn:

I bought a oil feed line from FP for a T3 turbo and it came with a oil filter housing feed.

FP I don't think offers a head feed line for T3 turbo's?

I have been running my S362 for almost a year from the head and I do not have any extra filter or restrictor on it. I will check for shaft play on mine in the next few days while I am doing some rotuine maint. I do not have the balance shafts in my motor either and I know I see oil pressure a little over 120psi at times.(mainly when the motor is cold and I do not let it warm up enough or at around 8.5k)

I'd feed it from the OFH, and use a restrictor. I bought a .063 or .065 inlet fitting.. or what ever they are, and drilled it to like .093.

OK my new idea.:aha:

I'm thinking about running it from oil my filter housing and running a adjustable oil regulator before the turbo.

Set it when its cold at a high rpm to 55psi.

I bought my restrictor off of ebay for my holset. I have almost 1000 miles on my HX52 and no issues. I bought it from the user name function7. It was like $23 shipped.

You can find .063" (1/16") restrictors....they're out there.

What I normally do is pick up a ball-bearing .030" restrictor and drill it to the size I need. I believe all ball-bearing restrictors are set up with a 1/4" line flare fitting on the end that threads into the turbo, so you'd also need a fitting to convert that to pipe thread.

Here's an example in a customer's HX35:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Update. I got my new Jay Racing alternator kit installed with a Saturn alternator.

This is a nice bracket major Kudos to Jay Racing.:thumb:

My new badge. :cool:

The Jay Racing alternator relocate kit with a Saturn alternator.

Wow that turbo is HUGE ! Looks nice man keep up the good work.

With the alternator relocation, does it make it harder or easier to access the alt. incase of a repair or if you need to change it.

Off topic Sorry. ^^ You make me feel much better knowing I am not the only one running a indash in a DSM.

With the alternator relocation, does it make it harder or easier to access the alt. incase of a repair or if you need to change it.

With the stock alternator you can remove it without pulling the intake. I forgot to try it with the Saturn alternator though.

As far as adjustment the JayRacing kit is very easy.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back