The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

BW 366 installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrussell

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2008
coeur d' alene, Idaho
Update downpipe pics

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just have to cut a hole in the bumper then extend the pipe outside the bumper.
The pic is deceiving it actually is further towards the front.

That should get you your 10s. Nice.

I just noticed youre from Idaho. Come down to Firebird at all?

That should get you your 10s. Nice.

I just noticed youre from Idaho. Come down to Firebird at all?

I haven't made it down there yet. Going to try to this year. Jake Montgomery is the one who built my engine though.:thumb:

I haven't made it down there yet. Going to try to this year. Jake Montgomery is the one who built my engine though.:thumb:

Awesome and awesome. Hes a pretty cool guy. Hit me up when you come down! Youll eat a lot of DSMs up down here.

Nice and good to see that you have very good clearance from your block/water pipe, unlike me.

Nice setup, Russell....glad to see another member who's breaking out of the "Mitsu / Garrett" stranglehold!

This piece should hold up much better than that knockoff GT35R you almost ended up with!

Haha... yeah that was crazy.

Thanks again for all the help on getting my $$ back.:thumb:

No problem- I only wish I had the results for you a little sooner to save you the hassle of buying it to begin with. Of course, had I known it was a journal-bearing turbo from the get-go I never would've installed a .030" restrictor as it said in the directions that came with the turbo and it would probably still be alive today.

Should be a beast:thumb: I would just keep an eye on that tire. Because your manifold pushed your turbo so far to the driver side I can tell you had to go over instead of under the support and it put that pipe pretty close to that front driver side tire. Well atleast to get traction from that side just two step the car and roll forward LOL

What hotside are you running? Got any pics of the vband? Is it the crappy little stub pipe type flange?

Nice choice. Speaking from my current setup you will enjoy this turbo. It hits hard and pulls all the way to redline(8000rpms). Im only running 14lbs right now still breaking in the motor hehe. Just out of curiosity where is your oil feed line coming from?

What hotside are you running? Got any pics of the vband? Is it the crappy little stub pipe type flange?

Its a T3 .70 A/R hot-side.

The V band is a really nice piece. Its stainless and the thick style. I got it from Go-Autoworks.com

I will get some pics of it tomorrow.

Nice choice. Speaking from my current setup you will enjoy this turbo. It hits hard and pulls all the way to redline(8000rpms). Im only running 14lbs right now still breaking in the motor hehe. Just out of curiosity where is your oil feed line coming from?

I just got a FP oil filter housing feed line.

Can't wait to get it running:thumb:

your best bet will probably be the ERL manifold anything else you run into the problem with the waterpipe. coming from a few reliable sources you would be fine with an oil feed from the head. which is what i will be swapping to as with no balance shafts and no squirters im pushing oil through the seals.

your best bet will probably be the ERL manifold anything else you run into the problem with the waterpipe. coming from a few reliable sources you would be fine with an oil feed from the head. which is what i will be swapping to as with no balance shafts and no squirters im pushing oil through the seals.

I was thinking the ERL manifold would be a good choice.

As far as oil-feed I'm so confused.

BW sent a document stating

"Attention Bullseye Power Customers

Our turbos require at least a -4 AN oil feed line.
Oil pressure must maintain at least 60psi at the turbo during normal operation engine RPM's."

Will the head maintain 60psi oil pressure?

No way you'll get 60psi out of it. If you have no bs or squirters, you will have to tune with restrictors from the filter housing in my opinion.
Thats crazy as i believe holset recommends a "max" of 55-60psi

I was thinking the ERL manifold would be a good choice.

Oil pressure must maintain at least 60psi at the turbo during normal operation engine RPM's."

Well that's a blanket statement that doesnt help AT ALL! Normal operating engine rpms? My motor idles alot WTF. Also, the minumum pressure required for the centercartridge drastically changes between load (spooling and fully spooled) and no load.

under a full load the head will receive around 80 psi of oil pressure without the squirters and balance shafts and that is more than enpough for the turbo as upposed to well over the 100+ psi of pressure you will be seeing from the oil filter housing kiggly is running an s374 well into the 8's and is feeding from the head.

if you read that is refering to bullseye power. borg warner and bullseye power are two different companies.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back