The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

BW S362 log

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

me612

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 8, 2002
Minneapolis, Minnesota
DYNO CHART ADDED TO POST 11

YouTube - 4/2/09 Talon Dyno

I seem to get quite a few PM's from people looking into BW turbos, and asking how mine is performing.

Well here's a log from today to help give anyone interested in these, a little better idea of how it is performing on my vehicle. So far I'm happy. In a nutshell I am typically seeing 20psi at ~4700rpm, and 30 psi at ~5000rpm. Flowing 50lb/min at 30psi.

A quick rundown of my setup is a Mahle/Eagle 2.0, 2G head (ported to mate to a 1G SMIM), HKS 272's, E85, Evo Maf, NT TB, SLS T3 manifold, S362 (this is in the larger "race" comp cover, .70ar T3 exh housing).

That should be enough to give you an idea of the rest of the setup.

Here is a copy of one of my logs, and a few JPEG's for those that might not be able to view a DSMLink log. I put the cursor at different point in the JPEG, showing 18psi @ 4600rpm, 30psi @ 5000rpm, and then the last one was just where DSMLink logged the most HP. I still have more work to do on the car, and plan on continuing to bump up the boost to around 35psi and probably stop there.

Hopefully it'll be useful to some individuals.

Attachments

• WOT 7.dat
    5.4 KB · Views: 138
  • WOT7b.jpg
    WOT7b.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 739
  • WOT7.jpg
    WOT7.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 705
  • WOT7d.jpg
    WOT7d.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 718
Hell yea looks good. :hellyeah: The s362 is the next thing on my list but i will be going twin scroll .76AR.

What did you end up putting down ?

The only way that thing won't break 500whp is if you manage to find the lowest reading dyno in the country. If it's a dynojet, i'll guess 548whp/450tq.

The local dyno that I went to is in fact a very low reading dyno. It's an AWD Dyno Dynamics, which apparently is typically about 15% lower then an AWD Dyno Jet. My numbers are always low because of this, and I typically hear crap about how my car makes low numbers, because many don't understand that. Hence the reason for my 500hp goal.

Anyhow, here's a quick graph showing HP and Boost curves. For Dyno Jet numbers a rough estimate would be just tack on another 15%. MAP is local here too with an AWD Dyno Jet, so I may just run over there some time just to see the Dyno Dynamics vs. Dyno Jet comparison for myself.

The place I went to was DB Performance (same shop in the video of Rau making 1000+hp). Shane (ecoli) did an excellent job. Couldn't have asked for a better dyno experience!

Attachments

• dyno2.pdf
    66.8 KB · Views: 236
Nice guess steve!!! Pretty close with 541/453 haha

Nice numbers me612! Ive been following your build, now get that beast to the track.

Nice numbers. Cant wait to see what ill do with the TS setup.

I will put up a log from the run hopefully tomorrow.

Also, added a little video to the first post, that we made real quick from the footage we got that night

Just to prove that this was a very low reading dyno, I went to MAP and threw the car on their AWD DynoJet for just 3 quick pulls.

Amazing how different these dynos really read. On my car, the Dyno Dynamics read 16% lower then the DynoJet.

Here's my DynoJet numbers:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

thats more like it, i was able to get 518hp on a fp3052 on a stock block 6bolt and intake manny with 27psi. on a stang or dynamics it would have been lower, good #'s man. im about to finish a build for a customer, he is using a bw s366 t3 .70ar. its a 2.3 stroker with a 1g head and jm manny and my custom exh manny. we are shooting for 700hp in a daily full int. and has ac and cruise control on a galant gsx.

700hp on what dyno? I always ask that now because it's pretty obvious that they differ quite a bit depending on what dyno it's on. If it's on a DynoJet, then that should deffinately be achievable. If I ever decide to bump mine up to 40psi, I'm sure my 362 would be right there knocking on 700hp's door on a Dyno Jet. I never plan to. On 30 psi I have issues with spinning all 4 in 2nd gear, and at 35psi I have the same issue in 3rd gear. This is on 234/45 HTR-Z3's. Not the stickiest tire, but a damn good street tire, which is all I ever plan to run on this car since it is mainly a street car.

it will be on a dynojet, thats really all we have close by. still i think we can hit our mark, people have said it wont but i beleive other wise.:thumb:

me612 , thanks for the PM reply :D
will drive mine into a dynojet one day to +1 to proof that the dynojets are higher

Just to prove that this was a very low reading dyno, I went to MAP and threw the car on their AWD DynoJet for just 3 quick pulls.

Amazing how different these dynos really read. On my car, the Dyno Dynamics read 16% lower then the DynoJet.

Here's my DynoJet numbers:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is true.. I put down 455 on a dyno dynamics.. @30psi on the dsm turbine housing on e85. Im now on the t3 housing with the s259. I cant wait to go to a dyno jet to see the difference.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back