The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

BOV Limits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1gDSM4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
San Jose, California
Right now I'm running a Forge Motorsport Atmospheric BOV and it does just fine boosting 32 psi, but I intended to boost over 40 psi on E85. What are the limits before boost leaks? Should I go to a Tial 50mm?

I have a hks ssqv and run 40psi on a day to day basis. I have gone as high as 50psi with no problems. just for reference.

It isn' matter of where the limits are??? If everyhting is done right it shouldn't leak... The only problem I see with most of the BOV's/ besides TIAL is they aren't physically big enough to release all the air, regardless is they are/STOCK 1g; Greddy, Forge, etc../ This is the only factor to consider ,, I think.. You have a 50mm-Tial, compared to like 34mm, or similar dimensions... Plus I know you run a big turbo, so better don't blow it, causing it to surge..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back