The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Bosch 044 install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you going to be using for an AFPR? Just like the stock ones get overrun, I wonder at what point a certain AFPR will get overrun?

So here we go boys. All ptfe lines. The plan is to make a bulkhead over the factory hole. I'm going to run steel 90 degree fittings through the bulkhead and connect all of my lines that way I decided to run 8an for return and 10an for feed off the twin 044s. The surge tank will be in today so I can figure out how I'm going to mount it in. I also upgraded the fuel rail and filter. I have always run the fuel lab 818 filter with a stainless steel filter. I plan on running a low gauge copper wire underneath the car and I'm gunna use it to power both pumps. I'll keep everyone posted

Attachments

• IMG_3253.JPG
    IMG_3253.JPG
    317.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3255.JPG
    IMG_3255.JPG
    330.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3252.JPG
    IMG_3252.JPG
    326.1 KB · Views: 77
If the 044 is overly whiny, that means the 450 is starving it. That's the whole point of the surge tank. You need the surge tank in between the two to compensate for the disparity in flow between pumps.

The NHRA rules are the reason I mounted my surge tank under the car. Otherwise, you need a sealed container box, firewall, and a bunch of other bullshit that is required to "not blow up".

Your logs should show your IDCs dropping if you've made any headway here.

If the 044 is overly whiny, that means the 450 is starving it. That's the whole point of the surge tank. You need the surge tank in between the two to compensate for the disparity in flow between pumps.

The NHRA rules are the reason I mounted my surge tank under the car. Otherwise, you need a sealed container box, firewall, and a bunch of other bullshit that is required to "not blow up".

Your logs should show your IDCs dropping if you've made any headway here.
Yeah we will see, as I said the surge tank i purchased wouldn't fit anywhere underneath the cAr. I don't know what surge tank would to be honest short of maybe a radium setup. I'm hoping the 8an feed line will help. Because I was using pfte 6an lines I think they are smaller than your standard 6an stainless line and could of been restricting flow. The pumps are close in operating pressure I believe. The walbro 450 is overrated I think and is closer to 350lph but it still should be able to supple the inline with enough. At this point I might consider going to a dual pump setup. We will see

I'm hovering around 650 whp, my duty cycle is in the 90s.I forgot to mention I snapped an axle so yesterday I spent the entire wiring and rebuilding my axle. So much fun

Attachments

• IMG_3214.JPG
    IMG_3214.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3213.JPG
    IMG_3213.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 61
Walbro 450 free floating will supply more than enough fuel to the Bosch. No question. Only issue would be low fuel and then an air pocket...
I def second the dual pump setup. Said from the getgo I really think that's your best option.
DUDE, THAT FRICKEN SUCKS!! Lol!

What doesn't make sense to me about the rule is that the 1g/2g gas tank it accessible through a thin metal plate with two screws... so technically couldn't u build a metal box and screw it in to the sheet metal?

I wonder if I could squeeze two 450s in the tank...
I wish I was familiar with 1 G gas tank. I'm assuming you can. Their pretty compact, little fat...
Two 255lph HP pumps would be MORE than enough AND might give you a little more room.

You can Y or you can T the connections. If using a T, upsize 1/16-1/8"

Last edited:
I wonder if I could squeeze two 450s in the tank...

Doubt it. The dual 340s I have (which are basically the same size as the 255) barely fit.

I'm gunna be taking out the car this weekend.... gunna do some testing. I'm hoping with the 8an line and inline pump my idcs will come down. I didn't realize that the ptfe 6an lines are not that much larger than the stock lines. The 8an line is a garden hose in comparison. Real world testing is the only way you can really know. I still would like a surge tank but there's not much room underneath the talon.

Doubt it. The dual 340s I have (which are basically the same size as the 255) barely fit.
Would you happen to know the capability of a dual walbro 255 setup? I have two new walbro 255's with all the plumbing for a dual setup. Im wondering if im better off running both pumps vs a single walbro 450?

To get two of them in the tank you have to stagger them when you are dropping them in the tank and attach the hose and clamp of the second pump in the tank.

I run a single 450 and flex fuel. On the street I run e85 around 600whp, the 450 is plenty of pump for this. When I want to crank it up I can mix race gas in with the e85 and the ecu automatically compensates the fueling.

I run a single 450 and flex fuel. On the street I run e85 around 600whp, the 450 is plenty of pump for this. When I want to crank it up I can mix race gas in with the e85 and the ecu automatically compensates the fueling.
I hit 640whp on the dyno on e85 but my injector duty is near 100%, right now im running a walbro 450 with a inline 044 8an lines, i was just wondering if running dual 255 would be better than a single 450? I read in another post that you were doing that to stretch the fuel system......i have a few jugs of c16 but id like to be able to go all e85. If two 255s will out perform one 450 ill just throw the two in the tank.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back