The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bosch 044 Real World Limits

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys, I just didn't want to start a new thread. I'm thinking of running a single external 044 with -6 an in and out of the pump. I just wanted to ask about mounting the pump, should it be mounted lower than the outlet -6an fittings on the fuel cell? Or is this a pump that can be mounted a little higher than the fuel cell outlet?

Hey guys, I just didn't want to start a new thread. I'm thinking of running a single external 044 with -6 an in and out of the pump. I just wanted to ask about mounting the pump, should it be mounted lower than the outlet -6an fittings on the fuel cell? Or is this a pump that can be mounted a little higher than the fuel cell outlet?

why are you doing a full cell ???? and what are your goals

Well I guess it's a tank but sort of has a "sump" and I was hoping that pulling from there would help when things were sloshing around. I wasn't sure if this or a surge tank would be best.

I've always had the mindset that 475hp would be more than enough, but if I ever get really skilled at driving I don't know if more would be necessary to achieve better times.

I think my setup would have room to grow. It's a 2.3l with a gtx3076R.

Just get a Walbro 400lph. Smaller in size than Bosch, flows much more and should directly drop in.

PS: That is what my GVR4 has with the GT3076r. I have maxed this turbo with plenty of room to go with the 400lph and 1600cc's at 37psi base on E85.

Ok, but does anyone have any information on my original question? I'm not concerned about beating the flow capabilities of a re wired 044. I'm not going to be doing any drag racing. I also do not have a stock gas tank.

I guess I could try to find an awd gas tank at the junk yard and a fuel pump hanger and go that route.

Crank the pressure up and I'll be good mounting the pump anywhere? I was asking if the pump should be mounted below the outlet fittings on the tank. So just crank up the pressure? I don't understand.

I cant answer your question but I can share with you my personal experience. Here's a pic. This setup has been working for years. Why would you go with -6 fittings off the sump. Kind of small for a fuel cell. I guess it will work for your car and power goals.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just some interesting info. I realize were not talking about ID injectors here, but it can give you a good idea.

That's why I made the switch back to gas this year. Also in maybe 2003-2004, Harold Horton made 700 awhp with his talon. Very basic set up. His fuel system was just a single 044 and 1000cc injecters. He even used the stock lines........................

I know this is an old thread but why start a new thread, when we're talking about the same thing here. I've been contemplating more than I care to admit about upgrading my fuel system and what would be best (with income tax season here and all and having the money to be able to burn on basically whatever). I was thinking mechanical but I have a stock tank where the electric pump is mounted towards the front, and I'd have to get a surge tank in addition to that and just started looking ridiculous to me with the issue of having to find a place to mount a surge tank, still running an electric pump to fill it (from my understanding), and people still stalling with them on decel's. I've never researched a single part as much as I have a good fuel pump system to use with a stock 2g fuel tank.

So I'm reading the differences of using these pumps in series or parallel. I'm looking at dual 044 radium surge tank setups which would certainly support the power but where to put it? So I'm wondering if maybe running something like this would be better or if anyone has any thoughts on it.
https://store.034motorsport.com/ful...-tank-for-bosch-044-motorsport-fuel-pump.html

I figure the one 044 pump would be free to do what it needs to do and it's a smaller surge tank than the radium so I could mount it in more locations. Maybe have a Walbro 255 or 450 in the tank. If a single 044 pump is netting close to 650-700, I would think this would support more. Or maybe just a dual 044 setup in parallel, but just not sure where to install these on a 2g with a stock plastic tank. Not wanting fuel starvation from hard launches whereas a surge tank would help prevent this. I'm dying over here trying to figure out what would be best for high horsepower, ease of installation, etc. I know I STRUGGLED to get my single -6 AN line from the tank to the fuel filter because of the limited amount of room between the subframe and the body. Couldn't imagine getting anything bigger up in there so that's my biggest concern otherwise a parallel system sounds great. I dunno, what do you guys think???

P.S. This would be the most ideal setup that I'd love to buy but just have no idea where I'd mount it. Especially if trying to stay NHRA compliant, or having to run a -8 line to the front.
https://www.extremepsi.com/store/product.php?productid=32079&cat=1945&page=1

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back