The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

two Bosch 044 fuel pumps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon187

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2003
torrington, Connecticut
Ok Ive had three 255 wallbros and they keep dieing so i refuse to buy another one. my buddy is parting out his car and had the same problem with the walbros. He picked up two Bosch pumps. Im not 100% sure what model they are. I thought it was only good for like 350 hp. maybe im wrong. But would there be a big problem running two of them?

Ok Ive had three 255 wallbros and they keep dieing so i refuse to buy another one. my buddy is parting out his car and had the same problem with the walbros. He picked up two Bosch pumps. Im not 100% sure what model they are. I thought it was only good for like 350 hp. maybe im wrong. But would there be a big problem running two of them?

if they are 044's they are good for more than 350 horse and using two would make for a lot of fuel, which you may need depending on what fuel you plan to run. overkill for 350hp though

im making over 400 im going for 500-600

You still only need one. Unless you are shooting for 600whp on E85. Maybe a little more info on your goals and mods will help. But I'm guessing you will only need 1 of these pumps, if in fact they ARE 044 pumps.

For 500-600 u only need one if its an 044. The shop i work for, when we do a dual 044 setup we call it our 1000hp fuel system. Dual 044s would be nasty but definitly overkill for the hp ## lookin at.

2 044's ran in parallel with a -8 feed should easily support 1000hp on gas.

I run a intank 300lph supra pump feeding an 044 ran inline along with -8 feed.

Nice how im running it is two -6an lines out of tank to a block that goes to a -8 up to the rail and filter. Now i need to find a place to mount them anyone have a good place under the car of course

So the consensus is that a single 044 is good for around 600 base HP on gas? Or was that wheel HP?

I'm switching to a cell, so I won't be able to use my in-tank Supra pump feeding my 044 anymore. I'm trying to determine if a single 044 will support roughly 600 WHP on 110 octane race gas. I'd really like to not have to buy a second pump unless I have to.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back