The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Borg Warner S200 (Bullseye S256) Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

id have to consciously take measurements, but if i remember correctly, its probably 1 finger between the water pipe and comp housing, and 2-3 fingers inbetween the comp housing and radiator. I'll let you know a little better when i check on it.

Do you want exact measurements or a rough guess after i go look?

Your still running 15 psi? Do you have your mbc TEE to your bov line?

id have to consciously take measurements, but if i remember correctly, its probably 1 finger between the water pipe and comp housing, and 2-3 fingers inbetween the comp housing and radiator. I'll let you know a little better when i check on it.

Do you want exact measurements or a rough guess after i go look?

Rough is ok.
One other thing I would like to know about it is this: in the picture looking down, it looks like the way the compressor housing is clocked, the compressor outlet and lower intercooler pipe are very close to the radiator. Does it need to be that way for some reason like to make room for the wastegate dump tube - or could the comp housing be rotated a few degrees so as to move the lower intercooler pipe an inch or 2 aft?

Thanks,
Gary

I think its more a problem of the front motor mount than anything else. There are many ways to route the dump tube but it just happend to work out that way. I would ask Steve93Talon about that though because he had the fab work done when it was on his car. Everything fit great on my car though so all was good.

I'll get a rough measurement for ya in the morning when i do a little work on the car, and probably give her a bath!

Not to jack the thread, but my set up is very similar, the only different thing is Holset HX-40 comp. cover, which is even bigger, than 258. Mani is the same, turbine housing is the same 0.70 AR.

Attachments

• DSCN1550.jpg
    DSCN1550.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 492
Not to jack the thread, but my set up is very similar, the only different thing is Holset HX-40 comp. cover, which is even bigger, than 258.

It's probably pretty close, but I doubt the HX40 cover is bigger, that 258 has the S300 style compressor housing (the ones they're selling now use the 200 series covers).

You are probably right it is pretty close, but I meant clearance between compressor/IC piping and radiator.

Attachments

• 100_1983.jpg
    100_1983.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 485
  • DSCN1490.jpg
    DSCN1490.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,029
There is barely some room for the slimfan. How did you manage to get that in there.

There is barely some room for the slimfan. How did you manage to get that in there.

I also have welded 2.5" alum. elbow, which is with very thick walls and makes the things a little worse, but everything fits just perfect. To make the everything a little more tight, My radiator is Fluidyne, which is thicker core and end tanks than stock.

Attachments

• DSCN1493.jpg
    DSCN1493.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 457
This fit info is pretty interesting. I measured about 11" between the water pipe and the radiator (Koyo) on my car. The bullseye web page on the S300 shows 8" diameter for the compressor cover. That should leave about 1.5 inches clearance to the rad and the water pipe if the turbo was centered in that 11" space. But the pictures from both Danny and Andy make it look a lot closer than that, and they are good pics too. So I'm just trying to fit it all together in my head, so I know what's going on. Do you guys think your compressor covers are bigger than 8" OD? More like 9 or 9.5 maybe?
The S300 page I'm talking about is here:
Bullseye Power Turbos
Then on the bullseye page for the S200 they show 7" diameter for that compressor cover. Pretty big difference. Do any of you guys know if that is accurate?

Gary

All depends on where your manifold places the turbo. Then you have to mess with it so that you can get at all the bolts on the housings, and get it at the right angle for the ic piping..etc.

Well seeing the pictures have made me decide that I am going to go with some pusher fans instead.

With the ERL manifold, I got like 1" from comp. cover to water pipe and 2" to radiator

Ok that sounds good, that's 3" total clearance which would be consistant with an 8" diameter comp cover. That would indicate your HX-40 cover is about the same size as an S300 cover. In the picture I didn't think there was 2" clearance to the radiator - it looked like much less, so 2" is good news.

Gary

Ok that sounds good, that's 3" total clearance which would be consistant with an 8" diameter comp cover. That would indicate your HX-40 cover is about the same size as an S300 cover. In the picture I didn't think there was 2" clearance to the radiator - it looked like much less, so 2" is good news.

Gary

Yeah, on the picture looks really tight, but right before I replied, I went down to the car and measured it today, cause I didn"t want to post incorect info, especially about fitment in tight places.

With the ERL manifold, I got like 1" from comp. cover to water pipe and 2" to radiator

Pics as promised

Im working with .5" to the water pipe and 1.5" to the radiator. It is a fluidyne so i guess thats thicker than stock. There is like 1/4" or so to the fan.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ive been thinking of putting a 10" pusher fan in front of the radiator on the drivers side, but my coolant temps are pretty good. No real "HOT" weather in San Francisco.

Lucky... my car has been over heating because of this weather. I am still on the stock fan. Hi temp silocone coating and exhaust wrap on the way.

well my FIC 1050's showed up today (actually 1096cc's according to the flow sheet) and they are in the car and fuel trims are dialed in.

Look forward to some logs and #'s of me upping the boost and tuning in the next couple of days.

Wish me luck

Look forward to some logs and #'s of me upping the boost and tuning in the next couple of days.
Wish me luck

Good luck, don't push too hard for big numbers, and thanks for the good pics and info above.
Also, I'm sick of reading posts that say something like "somebody pulled out in front of me today - that's the end of my car" - so be careful!
I imagine your Fluidyne is a 3-row job which would make it pretty thick. My Koyo is the 2 row version.

Gary

thanks for the good vibes, hopefully everything goes all good. I'll be tuning in 2nd gear so i dont get going too fast. Also i'll be on some pretty secluded backroads so no cross traffic.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back