The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Borg Warner S256 Purchased

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsubishi9908

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 24, 2008
rochester, New_York
Alright i just purchased the S256 in a T3 V-band with extended tip technology and was wondering where to get the oil from. It is a journal bearing turbo. My car is a stock 7 bolt and still has the balance shafts. I don't want to blow this turbo!!!

Rightfully, you should check your line pressure before installing this turbo. I believe I read on the Bullseye forums a while ago that the BW turbos like no more than 65psi of oil pressure at the inlet.

Filter housing unrestricted would be my first guess; add restriction if necessary.

Some guys are having luck drawing the BW turbos from the head, but these are on highly modified applications which have the balance shafts eliminated and most likely have higher oil pressure than your stock engine has.

Rightfully, you should check your line pressure before installing this turbo. I believe I read on the Bullseye forums a while ago that the BW turbos like no more than 65psi of oil pressure at the inlet.

Filter housing unrestricted would be my first guess; add restriction if necessary.

Some guys are having luck drawing the BW turbos from the head, but these are on highly modified applications which have the balance shafts eliminated and most likely have higher oil pressure than your stock engine has.

Cool thanks, you have been very helpful!

I have read that you can buy a restrictor from bullseye that fits where the feed line goes on top of the turbo. Anybody know where i can buy the one from bullseye? i have searched

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back