The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

BMW CSL Carbon Fiber Hatch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VETTE_50_TH

Banned Member
Jun 24, 2004
Columbus, Ohio
ONLY DISCUSS the development of the product. DO NOT DISCUSS PURCHASING the carbon fiber hatch.

Thanks

James

Last edited by a moderator:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Cant take my eyes off of the black eclipse. That is just pure sex.

That looks soo good. I think I want to try to mock that up with foam and fiberglass it in.

ONLY DISCUSS the development of the product. DO NOT DISCUSS PURCHASING the carbon fiber hatch.

Thanks

James

Hi Everyone, I can't believe the original thread was deleted! I am am not supporting the vendors on this or any site for this idea because this product doesn't EXIST! I was literally having it CUSTOM MADE for our cars! If it were available I would GLADLY pay it and move on. This is a NONPROFIT idea at least I sure as hell am not making any money off it, and at the price we were getting them custom made for isn't it just for CFeclipse to earn a little something for his hard work???

If a vendor, wiseman, mod, or whomever with any respectable power would care to justify why you would literally impede your members for getting together and making something innovative for our cars to stand apart from the rest I would love to hear your rationale. Since isn't that (at least in part) what this site is about?

Why should we have to make a "secret" thread to do the one thing that we all love which is working on our DSM's???! :notgood:

Not that it matters anymore but here are pics of the hatch.

here are some pics

Last edited:
B/C Your trying to channel bizz thru a member who has yet to become a VENDOR.. He IS a shop, there fore isn't eligible for "freelancer" , and he has yet (as far as i know) to become a vendor. So by doing this, you are bypassing the rules. Its pretty clear. If you want it, youll talk to who ever the "vendor" is, and get the ball rolling, its then UP TO THE VENDOR, if they are a vendor here, to post in the vendor section about a GB or w.e.. There is no such thing as non-profit.. I personally think its a little shady how he can work for a CF company, and then go after hours and make product that they might themselves sell as a company, kinda like a person working at greddy making greddy turbos, but putting his name on them. just my .02. nice hatch, but innovative.. no...

If he were really trying to get new products for our platform and not trying to make a profit.. there would be no need for a group buy.. again.. thats a COMPANY thing to do.. one like ED...There clearly isnt a HUG want/need for this, so , OP you would pay out the A$$ for one, thats the price you pay to be different..unfortunately, you have to Except it

Looks like wing anyway? the weave on the hatch is opposite the one on the "lip" or w.w, Im thinking its not 1 pc..

Plain and simple, the rules state no group buys can be arranged in the public forums unless you're a Supporting Vendor. We've had issues in the past with this, and it gets ugly. Therefore, we canned it, and now only allow true companies to run them, since (for the most part) they can be trusted more than some individuals.

Sounds like we need to get whoever it was making these to become a vendor.

I really want one damnit.

That would be cfeclipse if I'm not mistaken
I believe he will be doing them, we just need to get him his Supporting Vendor title. Once he commits, he will likely be posting a group buy in the Vendor forum - the only place where group buys are allowed on this site. It's a perk available only to the Supporting Vendors of the site. Sorry to all who don't like that policy, but that's been a long time policy around here.

I don't have a problem with the rules, I'm just the guy that did the photo-chopping :thumb:

I'm cool with you guys trying to protect your members from getting scammed.
It's for that reason that I'd only buy via PayPal.

But I still want one, like, yesterday.

This would flow so well with my car, if I have money by the time/if this thing gets made I would definitely be interested. One question though, would the lip extend out to the rear quarter panels or end with the trunk? I think it would look good extended out to the quarters but how would one go about doing that as well without a completely custom one-off piece?

PS - I mean the question as part of the discussion on how to make it, not as asking any certain individual that has said they will make it what they will do.

Wow, that carbon fiber CSL style hatch does look good, can I ask who makes / made it?

Even a fiberglass version painted the body color of the eclipse would look awesome.

:)

HEY GUYS I ALMOST FINISH THE CSL TRUNK!! I AM WORKING ALREADY ON THE MOLD....

I was out of business for a little while i was moving to a new House and Shop...

We should start working out....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back